1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

26 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

All we hear when winning is they have the greatest coaching staff in the world, but when losing, its all the coaches faults.  Coach should have ran this play, or lined up this way or that way.  Cracks me up.  We get called out for the same things.  Point is, mommas and daddys can never be satisfied when it comes to juniors.  I watched Willis try to run through the LB’s for that little drag play he does, and they bullied him every time.  He wasn’t a factor the whole game like he was vs SP.  That credit goes to coaching and outstanding team play.  It’s funny watching GB point fingers instead of owning up to the fact they got beat by a much better team.  

LC #11 went out earlier so advantage went to GB, but GB couldn’t capitalize.  GB #23 went out late in the 3rd and it didn’t seem to slow GB down, but again...they just couldn’t capitalize.  Be humbled by this GB.  Go to state in basketball and baseball, get more transfers, try again next year.  

Ill own it Mike we got beat by a better team.The adjustment on the WR#4  route in the second half from a fly route to a come back was great.The line for LC just pushed us around.It says alot for our MUCH smaller team to even have a chance up to the pick 6 to make a down to the wire type game.When we lost 23 it hurt more on the d and special teams end in my opinion.#15 was a hard loss also he was our best backer.We only rotate 14 kids so i am proud of our kids.Coaching can only do so much against a better team.Line of scrimmage took us out of the game.Great team LC you all could win 2A i believe!

Also i hope you are doing better!!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Ill own it Mike we got beat by a better team.The adjustment on the WR#4  route in the second half from a fly route to a come back was great.The line for LC just pushed us around.It says alot for our MUCH smaller team to even have a chance up to the pick 6 to make a down to the wire type game.When we lost 23 it hurt more on the d and special teams end in my opinion.#15 was a hard loss also he was our best backer.We only rotate 14 kids so i am proud of our kids.Coaching can only do so much against a better team.Line of scrimmage took us out of the game.Great team LC you all could win 2A i believe!

O&b man let me ask you a question.  Junior was saying on page 111 that the play calling was atrocious.  What kind of mess is this? Hope the Willis boy is ok but he was never a factor.  That corner#4 had him locked down.  You think im joking but im not. 

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Let me ask you another question.  How does your line get pushed around when you got two defensive tackles that can play in the SEC? Ill hang up and listen and I aint joking either. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/5/2019 at 5:15 PM, sportman said:

#3 for Lake County held Willis for only 2 catches while Willis was healthy. Tubbs went out late in the 2nd quarter. So, injuries had nothing to do with it. LC put up over 500 yards of offense. Almost even amount rushing and passing. The LC defense held Greenback passing game to under 200 yards and as a team around 250 total yards. For the person who said LC #3 was scared to return kicks well he did break and 88 yarder for a td that was called back on one of the many bogus calls made tonight. Officials kept the game interesting to say the least. Ultimately the LC offensive and defensive lines wore Greenback down. Lake County was without a doubt the faster and more physical team. Coach Puckett had a great game plan and the team carried it out. Great job LC coaches and players.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

#3 for Lake County held Willis for only 2 catches while Willis was healthy. Tubbs went out late in the 2nd quarter. So, injuries had nothing to do with it. LC put up over 500 yards of offense. Almost even amount rushing and passing. The LC defense held Greenback passing game to under 200 yards and as a team around 250 total yards. For the person who said LC #3 was scared to return kicks well he did break and 88 yarder for a td that was called back on one of the many bogus calls made tonight. Officials kept the game interesting to say the least. Ultimately the LC offensive and defensive lines wore Greenback down. Lake County was without a doubt the faster and more physical team. Coach Puckett had a great game plan and the team carried it out. Great job LC coaches and players.

LRDAO... The GB fellars is going to say that Willis boy getting hurt is what got them beat.  Junior said they wasnt anybody in my Murphy Fair book that could shut him down but I garuntee that #3 did.  You think im joking but im not 

42 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

All we hear when winning is they have the greatest coaching staff in the world, but when losing, its all the coaches faults.  Coach should have ran this play, or lined up this way or that way.  Cracks me up.  We get called out for the same things.  Point is, mommas and daddys can never be satisfied when it comes to juniors.  I watched Willis try to run through the LB’s for that little drag play he does, and they bullied him every time.  He wasn’t a factor the whole game like he was vs SP.  That credit goes to coaching and outstanding team play.  It’s funny watching GB point fingers instead of owning up to the fact they got beat by a much better team.  

LC #11 went out earlier so advantage went to GB, but GB couldn’t capitalize.  GB #23 went out late in the 3rd and it didn’t seem to slow GB down, but again...they just couldn’t capitalize.  Be humbled by this GB.  Go to state in basketball and baseball, get more transfers, try again next year.  

PM, Great to seeing yous a tad frisky calling out them orchestrators. Down side is yous goin to soon be on their naughty list. 

Congrats LC the best team won today. 

To our boys, thanks for a great year. I know it didn’t end the way that we wanted it to but no one thought that we would have made it to the championship game again this year. To say that we are proud of everyone of you would be an understatement. Great job! Work hard and try again next year!

• Like 1

This was an awesome game. I was wrong with my pick. I just didn’t think Lake County could cover Willis and to be honest it wouldn’t have mattered if the could because they had Greenbacks QB running for his life. Greenback y’all had a heck of a season and a great fan base idc what the haters say y’all good people in my book.

Lake County you guys surprised me. I thought y’all was just blabbering about holding back on Huntingdon with the passing game but nope y’all could sling it when needed. Congrats on the win. You guys played awesome!

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic