1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

24 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Has anyone heard from Cherokee 23 I think that's his handle on here? The guy who is thinking about getting into coaching. I just would like to hear his input about the game.

Welcome buddy

Ive been passing reminders on the other thread!

Edited by shockernation

Just now, shockernation said:

Welcome buddy

Just now, shockernation said:

Welcome buddy

We tried to explain it to folks all year and nobody would listen but hey what do we know?  15 and 0 and a third gold ball. Not bad for a small county in Northwest Tennessee. The good thing is the ride isn't over. Coach Puckett and his staff did a great job with those kids. Simply amazing. The whole team played great but I would like to give a shout out to Malachi #3. He did a heck of a job that went unseen by several. He doesn't get the recognition some do but man did he play a heck of a defensive game today. I will not show up in the box score but he held his own with the Willis kid. Heck the whole defense was lights out. Great job guys bringing the gold ball back to Lake County and pulling  a whole community together.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Thank you and it has been fun.I will evaluate my stance on this site during the offseason,may be time for taking a back seat!Made alot of friends thru the years on here tho but i think its time,we will see:thumb:

If you got a good team then you will be back.

6 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Has anyone heard from Cherokee 23 I think that's his handle on here? The guy who is thinking about getting into coaching. I just would like to hear his input about the game.

Yeah, I’d like to point out that westview s passing game was more explosive than GB, just comparing both games that I watched

8 hours ago, shockernation said:

So one of the best moments of the whole season was immediately after the win....Tanner Snyder runs over to the stands to see a young man with disabilities, takes off his jersey and gives it to him just as the clock hit zero! The young man was moved to tears his mother and all that saw were in tears...it was no show it’s just Tanner! Class act Snyder...your still my family’s Mr Football! Way to make Nicks day special too! 
I have a feeling it’s gonna be a viral sensation...there are several videos and it was NOT for show

Thats pretty dang cool.  Sounds like a great kid.  

5 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

They need to put the donkey poster in the case with the gold ball. That’ll be a heck of a story to explain when every basketball team visiting asks about it lol

4 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Tell us about it.

Yeah, we don't know the story, I've not heard anyone on the east that knows the story lol. 

8 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

1400 passing 1400 rushing, 22 rush TD’s 18 pass TD’s. 26 on ACT, was picked by the school faculty as Mr LCHS narrowly beating out Campbell Puckett. I’m sure after the playoffs he’s pushing 2,000 a piece rushing/passing. Career record as a starting QB is 38-5. His stats were easily enough to win it but him winning Mr LCHS goes to show you his academics and character. Probably one of the most perfect examples of what Mr Football is supposed to be. 

Certainly sounds like it, the current Mr. Football in 1A is a pretty close to perfect example as well. Snyder is definitely the caliber player this award should recognize. Quick question, saw he's headed to UTM but the announcers yesterday said he was being recruited by Mississippi State. Were they blowing smoke?

Edited by crow

• CoachT locked this topic