1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

If he said lay low, that usually means to not draw much attention to themselves .  The more attention, the more snoopers will hear or find out if shady stuff is going on.  But that’s hearsay.  The TSSAA won’t have anything to do with hearsay.  You gotta submit proof.  Even though the TSSAA says we will look into it, that doesn’t mean they will “secretly investigate”.  They first send a letter to the school explaining the situation has come up and they ask the school for their answer.  If the school says “no that is not true”, then TSSAA takes their word for it.  “Investigation“ is closed.  Maybe the TSSAA need to hire a private investigation that travels across the state actually investigating the situation.  On average, 99% of the violations handed down by the the TSSAA are self-imposed by the guilty school.  

The season is over.  Let’s move on from all this orchestration mess.  

Took a while to read through everything. Here’s my take and it might be my last post.... LC was obviously the better team yesterday. Line play on both sides of the ball killed us. When a team can run the same zone read play after play and not get stopped, there’s something wrong. IMO defensive ends should always be contain and LB’s should fill the holes. But too many players don’t like taking on lead blockers like they used to. Too much arm tackling, laziness, and quit at the end from GB. It all goes back to the top, when the going gets tough, where’s your leaders? 2 of ours were on the sideline but doubt we would’ve won with them on the field. We’ll never know. As a coach, I would have done everything in me to not let Snyder beat us by himself (which he basically did). We were tackling up high on a SEC size LB playing QB, defensive line not fighting the reach, and LB’s not filling holes. Secondary got beat all night and no adjustment was made. No blitzes, no safety, nothing. There comes a time, when you have to stop waiting to make adjustments at halftime and start doing it during the game. Really hurt us not having a defensive mind on the field. Carnes was running for his life most of the game. Short armed a couple of throws that could’ve been big plays but just didn’t execute. LC had athletes that made the plays when we didn’t. They totted the rock and we couldn’t. I worried a little before this game that the SP game for us would bring about an emotional let down and it did. We didn’t have the fire and energy a team should have when playing for a championship. But we made to the big game and had a shot and just didn’t perform well. Congrats to LC. Enjoy it! @shockernation@lakecounty1968 that’s about all I got. Wish little brother could’ve finished the game out to end his career but that’s life. Take it to the chin and move on.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Took a while to read through everything. Here’s my take and it might be my last post.... LC was obviously the better team yesterday. Line play on both sides of the ball killed us. When a team can run the same zone read play after play and not get stopped, there’s something wrong. IMO defensive ends should always be contain and LB’s should fill the holes. But too many players don’t like taking on lead blockers like they used to. Too much arm tackling, laziness, and quit at the end from GB. It all goes back to the top, when the going gets tough, where’s your leaders? 2 of ours were on the sideline but doubt we would’ve won with them on the field. We’ll never know. As a coach, I would have done everything in me to not let Snyder beat us by himself (which he basically did). We were tackling up high on a SEC size LB playing QB, defensive line not fighting the reach, and LB’s not filling holes. Secondary got beat all night and no adjustment was made. No blitzes, no safety, nothing. There comes a time, when you have to stop waiting to make adjustments at halftime and start doing it during the game. Really hurt us not having a defensive mind on the field. Carnes was running for his life most of the game. Short armed a couple of throws that could’ve been big plays but just didn’t execute. LC had athletes that made the plays when we didn’t. They totted the rock and we couldn’t. I worried a little before this game that the SP game for us would bring about an emotional let down and it did. We didn’t have the fire and energy a team should have when playing for a championship. But we made to the big game and had a shot and just didn’t perform well. Congrats to LC. Enjoy it! @shockernation@lakecounty1968 that’s about all I got. Wish little brother could’ve finished the game out to end his career but that’s life. Take it to the chin and move on.

Fair assessment but what nobody is talking about is Lake County lost a 2000 yard rusher midway through the 2nd quarter. Luckily for us we had a little sophomore come in the game and step up big time. Lil Puckett got so many tough 6 to 8 yard runs for first downs that extended drives. In all honesty Greenbacks lack of a run game hurt them bad. The LC offensive and defensive lines controlled the game especially in the 4th quarter when it mattered. LC was the much more physical team all the way around. Greenback had a great season. I think coach Ryan needs to develop a run game. I told you LC could throw the ball. Lol

Edited by lakecounty1968

24 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I agree with most of this.  I don’t agree that if your brother and the other injured player had been able to stay that y’all would have won.  Y’all couldn’t stop LC’s #11 in the first quarter until he went down.  Your brother is one of the best route runners and yards after catch guys that I’ve ever seen. I think LC defensive game plan just shut y’all down enough to stay in the game.  Then their offense won it for them.  I kept pausing and rewinding trying to figure out how easily they were whipping the right side, and just looked like got whipped and no adjustment, like you said.  Can’t wait to see your brother play at the next level.  Hope he recovers quickly.  Tell him the Pirate says good luck!

11 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I agree with most of this.  I don’t agree that if your brother and the other injured player had been able to stay that y’all would have won.  Y’all couldn’t stop LC’s #11 in the first quarter until he went down.  Your brother is one of the best route runners and yards after catch guys that I’ve ever seen. I think LC defensive game plan just shut y’all down enough to stay in the game.  Then their offense won it for them.  I kept pausing and rewinding trying to figure out how easily they were whipping the right side, and just looked like got whipped and no adjustment, like you said.  Can’t wait to see your brother play at the next level.  Hope he recovers quickly.  Tell him the Pirate says good luck!

He has a broken ankle so it will be 6 weeks or so. He has to go back to the doctor this week for a MRI to make sure that there is no ligaments torn. 

My thoughts on this game is pretty simple. LC’s line of scrimmage won the game. Zero adjustments by GB on defense. Why would we not have our lineman go up field blows my mind. LC’s game plan was no different than SP’s game plan on D. Get pressure on the QB. Braden ran for his life the entire game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Crow, Old Pirate got question fer you. Willis made a comment during his Mr. Football awards. He said after all them real good players graduated last year, “We had to lay low for awhile after all them seniors graduated” Jest what in tarnation was theys laying low fer?  Has yous ever heard of sitch mess? A HEEP don’t believe all the Smoke & Mirrors. Perhaps, Yous don’t want to comment, and that is fine. Old Pirate really enjoyed the feuding with all them fellers. Leastways figure all hope against all odds the TSSAA will start doing a better job. 

OP I garuntee you the only time RD has laid low was when Wendy found out me and that Tower man went out with them college girls.  You think im joking but im not. 

6 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

He has a broken ankle so it will be 6 weeks or so. He has to go back to the doctor this week for a MRI to make sure that there is no ligaments torn. 

My thoughts on this game is pretty simple. LC’s line of scrimmage won the game. Zero adjustments by GB on defense. Why would we not have our lineman go up field blows my mind. LC’s game plan was no different than SP’s game plan on D. Get pressure on the QB. Braden ran for his life the entire game. 

Definitely sending prayers for a full and speedy recovery. 

31 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

No disrespect intended but if you’ll go back and look at my post, I said I doubt we would’ve won even if our 2 players didn’t get hurt. And yes I agree about the right side... they reached us the entire game and we did nothing about it. But it happens.

• CoachT locked this topic