1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

15 minutes ago, pujo said:

A sad excuse as well. You guys matched up well and took him out of the game. You dominated to say the least. I was HIGHLY impressed.

Didn’t he break his ankle in the 3rd quarter when the game was still close. In the 1st series he just missed on what would of been a long TD. I’m not saying LC still wouldn’t of won or kept him in check. In this game the best player on the field was LC QB.

Just now, Appvol said:

Didn’t he break his ankle in the 3rd quarter when the game was still close. In the 1st series he just missed on what would of been a long TD. I’m not saying LC still wouldn’t of won or kept him in check. In this game the best player on the field was LC QB.

The score was close,the game was not, think he dropped a couple of passes. I know he dropped what looked like a sure TD. Dang good 1a player,Jery Rice,not. Dropped  some catchable passes against SP as well.

Just now, Appvol said:

20 From Greenback looked pretty darn good to me.

13 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

You used Mr. Football as a decoy? That’s not to smart. If that’s the case then coach might have questions to answer.

He touched the ball 5 times in 2 1/2 quarters. 

1. Was on a pass for 1st down

2. Double pass for a TD to #1

3. Direct snap for a TD

4. kickoff return

5. Dropped a td pass by on the first series  

One thing I can’t understand is why we were not wanting our lineman on D to go up field. Zero changes made the entire game on D. 

LC was the better coached and better prepared team Friday. 

Edited by Gbnation
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I knew they would say that. The fact is he got shut down. They just cannot admit the truth. LC had a great plan for him and it worked. Decoy yeah right. You lost to a much better team that shut down your best weapon. Just admit the truth and move on. Willis is a great player but Malachi shut him completely down. Don't try and diminish what a job Malachi done on him. 

You’re crazy! He ran rub routes to the middle linebacker several times go watch it. He was open in the middle several times and dropped a td that he ran off from you corner and safety. Shut down my foot. It was double coverage not single. Smh!

lc was the better coached and better prepared team. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 5:58 PM, lakecounty1968 said:

#3 for Lake County held Willis for only 2 catches while Willis was healthy. Tubbs went out late in the 2nd quarter. So, injuries had nothing to do with it. LC put up over 500 yards of offense. Almost even amount rushing and passing. The LC defense held Greenback passing game to under 200 yards and as a team around 250 total yards. For the person who said LC #3 was scared to return kicks well he did break and 88 yarder for a td that was called back on one of the many bogus calls made tonight. Officials kept the game interesting to say the least. Ultimately the LC offensive and defensive lines wore Greenback down. Lake County was without a doubt the faster and more physical team. Coach Puckett had a great game plan and the team carried it out. Great job LC coaches and players.

I know when I am wrong, so I was wrong. Yall have a great team and much respect for all. I was really impressed by the whole team. Your QB is a hard nosed, blue collar man that makes the show go. He reminds me of players from the 60's and 70's that knew how to play the game. Nothing flashy about him but he is a winner. OMG, where in the world do you get all those gigs guy's from.  Yall were truly the best this year, enjoy and congratulations from Sportman. 

29 minutes ago, pujo said:

The score was close,the game was not, think he dropped a couple of passes. I know he dropped what looked like a sure TD. Dang good 1a player,Jery Rice,not. Dropped  some catchable passes against SP as well.

He dropped one and it would have been a td. 

Just now, WarChant said:

We know what he is !! They’re just jealous... They have nothing better to do than talk about a young man .. it shows there character!! Wasting time replying 

You guys do enough talking about the young man,thats all its been the whole year. Sure didn't see # 6 plastered all over this site. Without him,23 don't win Mr FOOTBALL.

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic