1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

Question... how many post routes were ran like the one that was dropped in the 1Q? Just that one time. That’s what we call bad play calling. Against SP, many tunnel screens were ran to perfection because of pressure. Did we run any this game? Don’t recall any. Just straight drop back passes. It’s easy for a defense to peel their ears back if you continue to do the same thing over and over. People have the right to say whatever they want, but facts are facts. If more post routes were ran, #23 would have had some TD’s. That’s one route you are for sure not guarding him on. Y’all can say what you want because you won and it’s taken as the truth. But we know the truth.

3 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Hey man your kid is a great player. One of the best I’ve seen in 1A the past few years. However that #5 was getting after him with and without the ball. It was a physical game.  I realize he’s a WR and him being down close to the line isn’t what he’s really meant to do but it was brutal. I got to watching the collisions. 

I’m not bashing LC at all but don’t come on hear saying you shut him down at receiver when it didn’t happen. Our play calling and our lineplay was some kind of awful. LC is a good team and has my respect. 

1 minute ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Just saw a video of a Greenback fan waving a flag on Lake Countys side. It was promptly taken from him and thrown over the railing lmbo

That was funny. They even went back and replayed it on the big screen. I was told that kid was from meigs that had the flag. 

18 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

I’m not bashing LC at all but don’t come on hear saying you shut him down at receiver when it didn’t happen. Our play calling and our lineplay was some kind of awful. LC is a good team and has my respect. 

I personally didn’t shut him down. I don’t recall that I said I shut him down either. Your line did get thoroughly whipped. I agree with you. As for your play calling 6 was running for his life the entire game. It starts and ends up front. 

6 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

I personally didn’t shut him down. I don’t recall that I said I shut him down either. Your line did get thoroughly whipped. I agree with you. As for your play calling 6 was running for his life the entire game. It starts and ends up front. 

I wasn’t talking about on that quote. I was referring to the other poster. Good day youngster. 

5 hours ago, Gbnation said:

You’re crazy! He ran rub routes to the middle linebacker several times go watch it. He was open in the middle several times and dropped a td that he ran off from you corner and safety. Shut down my foot. It was double coverage not single. Smh!

lc was the better coached and better prepared team. 

He was singled covered most of the night. Malachi had him straight up man to man. Yes, LC bracket him some but Malachi done is job on him. He is a great player no doubt but do not try and diminish what Malachi done. Sometimes someone just has your number and Malachi had his Friday. The decoy excuss is laughable. If that even was the case the Greenback coach should look for another profession. Decoy yeah right. 

• CoachT locked this topic