1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

What’s sad is I really thought some of these kids would get some big offers? If you are some school like UT or Memphis or whomever you cannot tell me that Tanner Snyder or Campbell Puckett can’t help your program? These are the kids that work 365 and local schools are just gonna pass on them??? I just don’t get it...frustrating! “Well it’s probably their ACT or some hidden trouble” c’mon these kids have upper 20s on ACT and are probably 1&2 in their class! These two kids are the type to have over for dinner every night...actually that whole team is! Sorry I got all worked up over two particular young men and it was a team that won! Maybe I just don’t understand recruiting...camps are money! Why hasn’t anyone called Lake County High School today? Fuentes you saw first hand! 
Why are we playing football at LCHS if no one will take a chance! 
My rant is about over but if I’m coaching...I know the first two I’d sign! 
Ok someone chime in on why they aren’t good enough or whatever 

Sorry I’m pissy about my kids

Edited by shockernation

4 minutes ago, shockernation said:

What’s sad is I really thought some of these kids would get some big offers? If you are some school like UT or Memphis or whomever you cannot tell me that Tanner Snyder or Campbell Puckett can’t help your program? These are the kids that work 365 and local schools are just gonna pass on them??? I just don’t get it...frustrating! “Well it’s probably their ACT or some hidden trouble” c’mon these kids have upper 20s on ACT and are probably 1&2 in their class! These two kids are the type to have over for dinner every night...actually that whole team is! Sorry I got all worked up over two particular young men and it was a team that won! Maybe I just don’t understand recruiting...camps are money! Why hasn’t anyone called Lake County High School today? Fuentes you saw first hand! 

+1............... NO RESPECT, EVER!

Edited by TipToe421

1 hour ago, cherokee23 said:

Question... how many post routes were ran like the one that was dropped in the 1Q? Just that one time. That’s what we call bad play calling. Against SP, many tunnel screens were ran to perfection because of pressure. Did we run any this game? Don’t recall any. Just straight drop back passes. It’s easy for a defense to peel their ears back if you continue to do the same thing over and over. People have the right to say whatever they want, but facts are facts. If more post routes were ran, #23 would have had some TD’s. That’s one route you are for sure not guarding him on. Y’all can say what you want because you won and it’s taken as the truth. But we know the truth.

1 hour ago, Gbnation said:

I’m not bashing LC at all but don’t come on hear saying you shut him down at receiver when it didn’t happen. Our play calling and our lineplay was some kind of awful. LC is a good team and has my respect. 

LRDAO.... Yea one or two catches for him is shutting him down pops.  He was having trouble getting off the line of scrimmage from #4 jamming him.  Funny how you both were patting Ryan on the back last week for his great coaching against Grider but slinging him under the bus now.  You think im joking but im not. 

• Like 1

Simply put they're probably concerned about compitition talent. Yes these 1A and 2A kids put up big numbers but major programs are watching kids all over the country doing it in schools playing much larger compitition. That's where the pwo stuff comes in. They say yeah come on and you're on the team but they don't burn a scholarship until they get you on campus against known compitition levels. A lot of "walk ons" that get scholarships are preferred walk ons that proved their abilities against a high talent level after getting on campus. Pwo is actually a pretty distinct honor from a major power 5 program. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

To get a SEC scholarship you have to be a elite talent. To get a D1 scholarship you have to be top in the state. Some of the best high school athletes I’ve ever seen at the 1a-3a level have never even gotten a look. It is very tough to be a walk on in any sport in college. Very little playing time and a ton of time away from studying. Not always a fun college experience.

29 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO.... Yea one or two catches for him is shutting him down pops.  He was having trouble getting off the line of scrimmage from #4 jamming him.  Funny how you both were patting Ryan on the back last week for his great coaching against Grider but slinging him under the bus now.  You think im joking but im not. 

Greg made the same comment in the paper about some of the plays that he called so not throwing anyone under a bus and a side note it wasn’t #4 it was #3 with safety help over the top. It just goes to show you don’t know that much lol. I’m done with this topic. 

29 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Puckett has the PWO at Memphis 

Then he should take it if they can handle the tuition. As good of a student as he is, I would think he would be working on a fairly low cost per semester anyway? 

32 minutes ago, shockernation said:

I just don’t get it? UT Martin will get a steal in Snyder...geez! 
And do it on the biggest stage? I want that kid...Memphis where are you?

Where is UTM recruiting him to play? 

1 hour ago, shockernation said:

Hey man they can make it to college and even pro if they have what it takes.Big schools over look local kids all the time . I will give you 2 examples

Patrick Willis 1a Bruceton Mr.Football only one d1 college scholarship was Ole Miss he went on to become all american butkus award winner and an all-pro NFL LBer.He did all that by working his butt off.

Tanner Hudson Camden 3a  QB/Punter he only got one d1 scholarship from Memphis as a punter. He went for 1 year where they had a great qb and an all-american punter then he  transferred to Southern Arkansas so he could play. He loves the game At S.Arkansas they moved him to TE  he is 6'5" 245 now he has played for the Tampa Bay Bucs the last 2 seasons. 

If  you noticed the NFL finds talent  the kid was a Mulerider..Southern Arkansas Mulerider and now he is in the nfl .

Nothing wrong with wanting your local kids to get what they deserve. That QB has the size and speed to play at the d1 level IMHO and  I only saw him as a junior. 

Edited by Beagle

26 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Greg made the same comment in the paper about some of the plays that he called so not throwing anyone under a bus and a side note it wasn’t #4 it was #3 with safety help over the top. It just goes to show you don’t know that much lol. I’m done with this topic. 

Pops your boy is a excellent athlete.  How about give some credit to #3 for keeping him in check.  Willis had a tough time getting off the line of scrimmage at times.  Again not a jab at him.  Nobody knows as much as you and junior.  Old apple stays close to the tree.  You think im joking but im not. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic