1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

2 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Hey man the can make it to college and even pro if they have what it takes. I will give you 2 examples

Patrick Willis 1a Bruceton Mr.Football only one d1 college scholarship was Ole Miss he went on to become all american butkus award winner and an all-pro NFL LBer.He did all that by working his butt off.

Tanner Hudson Camden 3a  QB/Punter he only got one d1 scholarship from Memphis as a punter. He went for 1 year where they had a great qb and an all-american punter then he  transferred to Southern Arkansas so he could play. He loves the game At S.Arkansas they moved him to TE  he is 6'5" 245 now he has played for the Tampa Bay Bucs the last 2 seasons. 

If  you noticed the NFL finds talent  the kid was a Mulerider..Southern Arkansas Mulerider and now he is in the nfl .

Nothing wrong with wanting your local kids to get what the deserve. That QB has the size and speed to play at the d1 level IMHO and  I only saw him as a junior. 

Another example @shockernation Sadarius Hutcherson from here in Huntingdon one SEC offer. South Carolina took a chance on him because of his frame. Played FB, and DE here at 230 lbs. He’s now about 295 starting OG for the Gamecocks and will be playing in the NFL in 2021. Snyder reminds me a lot of Hutcherson.

Just now, Mustang1969 said:

Another example @shockernation Sadarius Hutcherson from here in Huntingdon one SEC offer. South Carolina took a chance on him because of his frame. Played FB, and DE here at 230 lbs. He’s now about 295 starting OG for the Gamecocks and will be playing in the NFL in 2021. Snyder reminds me a lot of Hutcherson.

I remember him..

10 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Hey man they can make it to college and even pro if they have what it takes.Big schools over look local kids all the time . I will give you 2 examples

Patrick Willis 1a Bruceton Mr.Football only one d1 college scholarship was Ole Miss he went on to become all american butkus award winner and an all-pro NFL LBer.He did all that by working his butt off.

Tanner Hudson Camden 3a  QB/Punter he only got one d1 scholarship from Memphis as a punter. He went for 1 year where they had a great qb and an all-american punter then he  transferred to Southern Arkansas so he could play. He loves the game At S.Arkansas they moved him to TE  he is 6'5" 245 now he has played for the Tampa Bay Bucs the last 2 seasons. 

If  you noticed the NFL finds talent  the kid was a Mulerider..Southern Arkansas Mulerider and now he is in the nfl .

Nothing wrong with wanting your local kids to get what they deserve. That QB has the size and speed to play at the d1 level IMHO and  I only saw him as a junior. 

Yep the league will. Look at Harris for the saints. Assumption college but he's tearing up the return game. 

Nobody is slighting a good player , or any kid on any bodies team.  We might throw some gas on a flame for sake of a conversation and a little smack talk though. 

im gonna say this one final time for 2019, to make excuses About losing and what if’s, heck we done that the last two years, but the donkey deserves credit where credit is due, no one understood the donkey all year long, that’s why huntingdon got beat by the donkey, greenback got beat by the donkey, and so did 13 more plus some in preseason.  I’ll go as far and say, if it where reversed who came out the East, them ole pirates would have got their dose of the donkey too. That’s why the donkey was 15-0, no one would recognize what the donkey was, an adjusting, fundamental, veteran, strong,  well conditioned group of young men on a mission, TO BE STATE CHAMPIONS, anybody that stood in front of them GOT A DOSE!!  

and yes, our guys were better than yours , that goes for all, not a slight, just a game , they played their game and won..

13 minutes ago, Guidance1812 said:

Nobody is slighting a good player , or any kid on any bodies team.  We might throw some gas on a flame for sake of a conversation and a little smack talk though. 

im gonna say this one final time for 2019, to make excuses About losing and what if’s, heck we done that the last two years, but the donkey deserves credit where credit is due, no one understood the donkey all year long, that’s why huntingdon got beat by the donkey, greenback got beat by the donkey, and so did 13 more plus some in preseason.  I’ll go as far and say, if it where reversed who came out the East, them ole pirates would have got their dose of the donkey too. That’s why the donkey was 15-0, no one would recognize what the donkey was, an adjusting, fundamental, veteran, strong,  well conditioned group of young men on a mission, TO BE STATE CHAMPIONS, anybody that stood in front of them GOT A DOSE!!  

and yes, our guys were better than yours , that goes for all, not a slight, just a game , they played their game and won..

Only thing you've got wrong the whole time,That was No Donkey, That was a full grown Mule.

2 hours ago, Gbnation said:

Greg made the same comment in the paper about some of the plays that he called so not throwing anyone under a bus and a side note it wasn’t #4 it was #3 with safety help over the top. It just goes to show you don’t know that much lol. I’m done with this topic. 

I know exactly who covered him shows what you know. I'm done with it. Ask anyone from Lake County who held him. It doesn't matter gold ball is here in Lake County. 

Edited by lakecounty1968

2 hours ago, shockernation said:

What’s sad is I really thought some of these kids would get some big offers? If you are some school like UT or Memphis or whomever you cannot tell me that Tanner Snyder or Campbell Puckett can’t help your program? These are the kids that work 365 and local schools are just gonna pass on them??? I just don’t get it...frustrating! “Well it’s probably their ACT or some hidden trouble” c’mon these kids have upper 20s on ACT and are probably 1&2 in their class! These two kids are the type to have over for dinner every night...actually that whole team is! Sorry I got all worked up over two particular young men and it was a team that won! Maybe I just don’t understand recruiting...camps are money! Why hasn’t anyone called Lake County High School today? Fuentes you saw first hand! 
Why are we playing football at LCHS if no one will take a chance! 
My rant is about over but if I’m coaching...I know the first two I’d sign! 
Ok someone chime in on why they aren’t good enough or whatever 

Sorry I’m pissy about my kids

Sometimes the bigger schools just aren’t the right fit.  There are many kids that go to smaller schools, do extremely well, and still get invited to the NFL combine.  My advice is find a school that makes you feel most comfortable on the academic scene.  Too many times we’ve seen kids just get burned out with sports, or they realize sports in college is more like a job with no pay, or they get a career ending injury.   They need to have a reason to stay at that smaller school.  Maybe it’s location to home and considered still local, or maybe it’s they have several friends that go there.  I do agree that hIs size and play style warrants D1 or a bigger school, but it’s not always so cut and dry to a 17-18 year old.  

1 hour ago, Guidance1812 said:

I wish those ole Pirates had their starting QB and best receiver against GB.  The Pirate D was a different animal that what LC saw.   Huntingdonkey let Huntland hang around until after half time.

Edited by rlh
  • Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic