Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

30 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Absolutely a class act young man.  But I’m not sure those 43 and 70 something yards against Elizabethton is mr.  football material.  Not saying he isn’t a great player,  don’t get me wrong.

If he wins its because people know who he is based off his entire career at Greeneville. I think he has a great shot at it imo. Yes its a season award but I think if he wins its because of his Career

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 9:58 AM, FargoStrut said:

Angelman, you're correct. Closed zone in these parts. Our school board doesnt allow a $300 payment to go play for the good team and say the academics are better and that's why we want to move schools. You have to be zoned Springfield HS to attend SHS and play sports at SHS. Believe me, they're are a few kids from county schools (East Robertson, White House Heritage, Greenbrier and even Jo Byrns) that could help this team. 

Springfield is open zone and yes you have to pay tuition. I have provided the Robertson co school board policy below regarding attendance of non-residents students for you all to see. Don’t have a problem with anyone being open zone as the vast majority of ten schools are. Just want the facts straight. 

https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/personal/policy_tsba_net/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FRobertson County%2FMobile%2F6 Students%2F6204.pdf&parent=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FRobertson County%2FMobile%2F6 Students&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly90c2JhbmV0LW15LnNoYXJlcG9pbnQuY29tLzpiOi9nL3BlcnNvbmFsL3BvbGljeV90c2JhX25ldC9FY1Ryb0kwVHpLaEFvV0dtMmNYZ0RzMEJtNWpFWk1lcjc0RUxTNloyYzUwZE5RP3J0aW1lPVZyWWFOdDEyMTBn

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Springfield is open zone and yes you have to pay tuition. I have provided the Robertson co school board policy below regarding attendance of non-residents students for you all to see. Don’t have a problem with anyone being open zone as the vast majority of ten schools are. Just want the facts straight. 

https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/personal/policy_tsba_net/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FRobertson County%2FMobile%2F6 Students%2F6204.pdf&parent=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FRobertson County%2FMobile%2F6 Students&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly90c2JhbmV0LW15LnNoYXJlcG9pbnQuY29tLzpiOi9

Springfield faithful say other county schools players can't come to Springfield and you are saying they can? What's the deal?

2 minutes ago, Angelman03 said:

Springfield faithful say other county schools players can't come to Springfield and you are saying they can? What's the deal?

Did you read the attached policy??  Im not saying they can. Their policy says they can. Again nothing wrong with being open zone. Just want the truth out there. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

We are done with the zone talk, about 10 pgs ago. Doesn't matter, we are both here now, discuss the game ...

Kevin38 I have always respected you as a poster. You have always seemed knowledgeable and a good guy. But with all due respect, if I choose to respond to someone about zoning I will. You said “we”. You do not speak for everyone on these boards. 

• Like 3

In my years of knowing Springfield football we have only had 1 transfer player in the last 10 years and that was a QB from California in 2014.... Springfield isn't a hot spot for players to transfer to so they can get big offers and play college football lol this just isn't that. In the last 20 years we have only had 4 D1 football players! 

This is a program build on past players son's and brothers coming up and reaching there dream of playing Springfield football. Everyone on this Jackets team including coaches and support staff (Excluding maybe 3 coaches out of 20) are Robertson County born and raised. This is a small town football team that is build off tradition and family's. I promise you can keep us out of the zoning talk, if wasn't for rezoning and some of our players we should have being sent to our rival up the road and a 1A school outside of town we would be LOADED. Lets talk this state game! Both programs deserve that!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Angelman03 said:

Ahhh. So just because they have a policy doesn't mean that they let it happen?

55 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I can’t tell you what they do. I just know they have the policy that allows them to do. The policy is the determining factor in whether a school is open zone or not. 

Maybe I can shed a little light on this for both of y’all. Yes the policy, as stated, is open zoned. You have to have a darn good reason and go before the school board for them to allow you to attend another school, a waiver. It would take almost an act of Congress for them, the school board to let this happen. The board of education had a rather large issue a few years back with the DOJ, department of justice, regarding zoning lines. Now we have kids that live in the city limits bused out to county schools when they live maybe a few blocks from their naturally zoned schools. It’s a mess to say the least. Since all of this has occurred I don’t know of anyone in the county that has been granted a waiver to attend out of zone. 

I do believe the whole “open zone” post were brought up by someone other than Springfield fans. The Jackets will step off the bus Saturday morning and be prepared to play Elizabethton. Zoning issues won’t matter one ounce to any of our players, at all. Sorry for the long post.