Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

4 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Springfield has to be able to run the football to have any shot, whether it’s our RB or QB that does it. We may have to pass a little to set up the run and spread Betsy out. That wouldn’t be the first time the Jackets have had to do that. 

From the pictures I saw today one of y'alls backs has tree trunks for legs! He has to be tough to stop.

3 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

That’s TB #9 White.  He is a load, pretty stout 

He’s definitely been the workhorse in the playoffs and come into his own. It’s been amazing to see what this group has done so far this season, from being a team that most thought would be a one or two and done in the playoffs this year.

To me the biggest difference for EHS 2018 vs 2019 is that both lines play one side and not both. To make it 14 games is tough. Game 15 can boil down to who is the freshest. I think Witten has done an excellent job of having his kids ready. 

On offense it begins with #10. If they need a play they turn to him. On defense it's middle linebacker Deuce Morton #20. The defensive line does a good job of keeping the line occupied and Morton just cleans up... I think he averages about 14 tackles per game. Good luck in blocking him. He is a state wrestling champ. 

Edited by TicketToRide

Yeah, I dare say Morton is probably one of the best defensively in EHS history. This year's team is a huge testament to the coaching and patience of EHS coaches. Transfers have helped sure, BUT, it starts at the pee wee level. Instill a good coaching mentality then, they will go through middle school and high school with that same mentality and proper development. EHS has improved tremendously and it starts in the youngest of players. Our middle school teams have improved each year which leads to a bright future for EHS

Edited by EHSTrack06
  • Like 1