Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

9 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

This will be a great game! Unlike the 2 previous 4A title games. I think the Jackets coaches will see the success Nolensville had running between the tackles and that will be our attack. Defensively we have to stop the run and put them in obvious passing downs. Cant wait till Saturday this will be great!

I agree. The Jackets have to run the ball and control the clock. Make every play take 40-45 seconds off the clock, if possible. They can’t get into a boat race with them. Defense needs to keep the bend but don’t break mentality. Should be a fun game to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilovethegame said:

This will be a great game! Unlike the 2 previous 4A title games. I think the Jackets coaches will see the success Nolensville had running between the tackles and that will be our attack. Defensively we have to stop the run and put them in obvious passing downs. Cant wait till Saturday this will be great!

Unfortunately we were in heavy pass defense for those couple possessions ( two picks on first 2 possessions) and we quickly made adjustments to the run.  I’m not even sure how many first downs thy had in the 2nd half  but it couldn’t have been more than 3-5.  

4 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Unfortunately we were in heavy pass defense for those couple possessions ( two picks on first 2 possessions) and we quickly made adjustments to the run.  I’m not even sure how many first downs thy had in the 2nd half  but it couldn’t have been more than 3-5.  

In my option besides 6A this will be the best game!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Nolensville had 3 second half first downs, 1 via a 15 yd penalty. Their longest play from scrimmage in the second half was 15 yards. That was the pass play from the 1 after 3 false starts. They had 79 yards of total offense, 221 for the game. The Knights didn't cross midfield in the second half. They had 48 yards on 9 penalties in the second half. 

Edited by TicketToRide
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yea, looking at this matchup a little deeper. The Cyclones win this game with defense and being much more physical!:thumb:

I don’t see the Cyclones being much more physical than the Jackets. Bigger yes. Physical no. Not saying the Cyclones aren’t physical, but I don’t see either of these teams being more physical than the other. It will be a battle.

I have thought all season that the Cyclone run D was their strength. You have to realize that they play a lot with only 5 guys truly in the box. Their Will LB and outside backer are in coverage and in more of a support role for run D. It's kinda of a bend but don't break approach. It puts a lot of pressure on the MLB to make plays. It has worked well for them so far. Springfield looks to have some terrific playmakers at the QB and TB positions, so Betsy better be ready to try and contain them as best they can. Good luck to both teams!