Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

I’m going with the Cyclones. 

Cyclones    35

Jackets       14

IMO the Cyclones have the better “D” with more depth and size. Keeping fresh players in rotation will show in the second half. This along with the fact that Springfield has had to go into OT in back-to-back games to secure the wins.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

I’m going with the Cyclones. 

Cyclones    35

Jackets       14

IMO the Cyclones have the better “D” with more depth and size. Keeping fresh players in rotation will show in the second half. This along with the fact that Springfield has had to go into OT in back-to-back games to secure the wins.

It's really not so much the second half as it is the extra 5 games. Both teams will play an additional half season. The NFL plays 16 games. Colleges 13-15.

The wear and tear takes a toll on lineman as they use the largest muscle groups more often which requires a lot of energy. The team with more one way players has the advantage... Especially in the line of scrimmage where games are won and lost. I think Elizabethton has the advantage. Their kids aren't fresh but I think they are fresher. Just my opinion of course. 

Watched some footage yesterday. I'm going to amend my original statement. If Springfield can move the ball through the air they might stay in it. However if we stuff their pass and force them to be a run only team it's going to be a long night as even the toughest RB can only take so many hits. EHS has been able to stop run heavy teams(Greeneville) so our ability to stuff the run should be enough to secure a win. Like I said against Nolensville, we've played Greeneville twice and now Nolensville so what does Springfield bring to the field that those other 2 teams did not? I'll go with EHS by 14-17..if Springfield plays balanced then I'll go with EHS by 3-7. Our line play will make the difference as our rotations will keep everyone fresh 

Edited by EHSTrack06
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TicketToRide said:

The wear and tear takes a toll on lineman as they use the largest muscle groups more often which requires a lot of energy.

That is why we feed ours the opposing Quarterbacks . Grrrr !!! :hungry:

Problem is Springfield's starting Quarterback is kinda small and he is hard to catch. 

When we catch him and we will, he just won't be enough to satisfy these big fellars. 

We will need the back up Quarterback also, to fill their little tummies.

It is almost food time :hungry:.

Edited by Datoad
  • Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:35 AM, Cummins354 said:

I wonder how many of the county kids that play for Elizabethton went to the Witten Huddle?

well when you have one of the greatest players in the NFL, who has a camp in Elizabethton I think I would go too bud! I don't know whats with you all and talking about recruiting, the kids went to the middle school in elizabehton. they didn't just go to the high school. they have been in the school system. haha saying we recruiting just because we don't lose. we just train and work harder than anyone else. that's why we win.

EHS-21

Springfield-7

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Watched some footage yesterday. I'm going to amend my original statement. If Springfield can move the ball through the air they might stay in it. However if we stuff their pass and force them to be a run only team it's going to be a long night as even the toughest RB can only take so many hits. EHS has been able to stop run heavy teams(Greeneville) so our ability to stuff the run should be enough to secure a win. Like I said against Nolensville, we've played Greeneville twice and now Nolensville so what does Springfield bring to the field that those other 2 teams did not? I'll go with EHS by 14-17..if Springfield plays balanced then I'll go with EHS by 3-7. Our line play will make the difference as our rotations will keep everyone fresh 

I agree the Jackets can’t solely rely on the run game. They’ll have to pass in the game to keep the defense honest and not just stack the box. The last two playoff games Springfield was run heavy for a couple reasons imho. One being weather, very wet and muddy field conditions and two keeping the ball away from the opposing team’s offense. The last two teams they played had high power offenses, capable of putting up lots of point through the air and on the ground. They played keep away football and the defense bent but didn’t break.

Seeing comments about Springfield being out physical is CRAZY! This will be the first time in a long time we will play a team with lineman that are high school size lineman and not giants!

I honestly see the Jackets going twins to each side making EHS defense show that 5 man box like they have been and run it right down hill, if white hits the hole and makes #20 miss he will hit his head on the goal post! I keep seeing comments about how physical you guys are and how great your line play is but we have been whooping great OL & DL all playoffs. Ran circles around the 2 big 6'6 320 DT's from 5A Clarksville.

20 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

Seeing comments about Springfield being out physical is CRAZY! This will be the first time in a long time we will play a team with lineman that are high school size lineman and not giants!

I honestly see the Jackets going twins to each side making EHS defense show that 5 man box like they have been and run it right down hill, if white hits the hole and makes #20 miss he will hit his head on the goal post! I keep seeing comments about how physical you guys are and how great your line play is but we have been whooping great OL & DL all playoffs. Ran circles around the 2 big 6'6 320 DT's from 5A Clarksville.

The score predictions have been lopsided the last 3 weeks, but hey we don't have much size, the Haywood radio guys were saying we looked like a jr high team and there's no way we should've been winning that game. We don't have much size but we're well coached and know how to play the game. I really believe we're in for a good game this weekend...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

I wouldn't say it's CRAZY at all and no offense to the west side of the bracket but the team coming out of the East side has been more physical and controlled the line of scrimmage except for 2016.  You might have faced bigger lines but that doesn't mean they are more physical at all.  We had a 185lb lineman that was a 3 time state wrestling champ and he was moving Haywood's big boys around last year even though they were twice his size.

I agree you can't let White get into open space though.  I remember him against Greeneville his sophomore year and did more than Fat Cat did against us.