Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

1 hour ago, Mtester said:

we just train and work harder than anyone else. that's why we win.

Bingo! Nothing to do with multiple high schools best players all on one team. 

Carter Co All Stars - 42

Springfield - 14.

Springfield lost 7 from the original prediction because I watched a game of theirs. They are small and outside of their qb not very fast. 

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I wouldn't say it's CRAZY at all and no offense to the west side of the bracket but the team coming out of the East side has been more physical and controlled the line of scrimmage except for 2016.  You might have faced bigger lines but that doesn't mean they are more physical at all.  We had a 185lb lineman that was a 3 time state wrestling champ and he was moving Haywood's big boys around last year even though they were twice his size.

I agree you can't let White get into open space though.  I remember him against Greeneville his sophomore year and did more than Fat Cat did against us.

Agree size doesn't mean your more physical but being we do a lot of combination blocking moving those big bodies is much harder than just sealing off a smaller explosive guy and moving up to the next level, don't have to stay on blocks as long. Looking at film the Jackets will be wayyyy more physical and athletic than that Nolensville tea last week and i pray wayyyy less penalties, we cant get into 3rd & 16 and try to throw down field or we will do just as they did and throw pick after pick.

7 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

Question, how well does Springfield travel?  Betsy has had 1,500 tickets and sold out in just hours. Huge group heading to Cookeville to help support the Cyclones. 

When we played Greeneville 2 years ago, on Friday, that was the largest attended game of the championship weekend I believe. I say this time being on Saturday afternoon and good weather the Jackets side will be packed out. Plus Cookeville is only about a 2 hour trip for us.

Edited by Poundtherock23

35 minutes ago, Angelman03 said:

Bingo! Nothing to do with multiple high schools best players all on one team. 

Carter Co All Stars - 42

Springfield - 14.

Springfield lost 7 from the original prediction because I watched a game of theirs. They are small and outside of their qb not very fast. 

Its like a woman.  Take care of her at home and she will not want to leave.  Betsy has a great system going on and its bringing success to the table.  Bichen about it won't change anything.  Got to put positive energy in our own programs.  Make it to where people want to come where you are :)

Edited by THE KING
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

When we played Greeneville 2 years ago, on Friday, that was the largest attended game of the championship weekend I believe. I say this time being on Saturday afternoon and good weather the Jackets side will be packed out. Plus Cookeville is only about a 2 hour trip for us.

That’s awesome!  Nothing like high school football! It’s three hours for us so not really bad. Like Lawnman earlier in this thread, is it Saturday yet?!  Really excited to see this matchup. Both seem to be greatly supported. Should be a packed house. 

2 hours ago, ilovethegame said:

Seeing comments about Springfield being out physical is CRAZY! This will be the first time in a long time we will play a team with lineman that are high school size lineman and not giants!

I honestly see the Jackets going twins to each side making EHS defense show that 5 man box like they have been and run it right down hill, if white hits the hole and makes #20 miss he will hit his head on the goal post! I keep seeing comments about how physical you guys are and how great your line play is but we have been whooping great OL & DL all playoffs. Ran circles around the 2 big 6'6 320 DT's from 5A Clarksville.

I’m not sure you’ve been whipping good lines but whatever you say bud.  That 5A Clarksville seems like a real world beater team at 8-5 lol.

1 hour ago, gr8tplay said:

Question, how well does Springfield travel?  Betsy has had 1,500 tickets and sold out in just hours. Huge group heading to Cookeville to help support the Cyclones. 

It’s already been said but just to elaborate the stands on our side was at least 2/3 full when we played Greeneville. I would expect the same this Saturday, maybe more since last time we were there it was on a Friday afternoon. 

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Its like a woman.  Take care of her at home and she will not want to leave.  Betsy has a great system going on and its bringing success to the table.  Bichen about it won't change anything.  Got to put positive energy in our own programs.  Make it to where people want to come where you are :)

Amen!!

Reading all these posts has me wondering why Springfield will even bother to show up.

Seriously though, we may get beat and it may be by 2-3 or more scores, but I can guarantee you this team will amaze you when you see us in person. These boys find a way to hang around and even when they get behind, they have that will not to lose. Having been there before two years ago will be a huge benefit, in my opinion. I look for a hard fought game that could go either way. I will say that the Jackets will need their “A” game to beat the Cyclones, but at this point I wouldn’t expect any less. There’s only two teams left standing and we are one of them.