Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

4 minutes ago, Angelman03 said:

Sorry they recruit the kids early and tell them they can come to EHS if they pay a small fee. Seems like the team they are playing isn't capable of doing that from their fans. 

Yes it does. The more I watch Springfield the more confused I am how they have gotten here! Small, Slow, and Weak! However, well coached, disciplined, and they play hard. Just don't see those three positives outweighing the negatives against this team

LOL your weird bro. Don't let #21, #9 or #5 slip out, you will see pure raw spreed. But your right idk how we are here for the 2nd time in 3 years, or how we had our 5th quarter finals appearance in a row this year. I really really don't know. You've been on ever thread this playoffs shut up and let the 2 fan bases talk and enjoy this week, we've EARNED it. EHS is a great program & Springfield is a great 107 year old program and Saturday will be a great game. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Angelman03 said:

Sorry they recruit the kids early and tell them they can come to EHS if they pay a small fee. Seems like the team they are playing isn't capable of doing that from their fans. 

Yes it does. The more I watch Springfield the more confused I am how they have gotten here! Small, Slow, and Weak! However, well coached, disciplined, and they play hard. Just don't see those three positives outweighing the negatives against this team

Small yes. Slow and weak, no way. I would like to know what you’re comparing their speed too? Looks to me like they had enough speed and strength to earn a spot in the championship game. 

8 minutes ago, Angelman03 said:

Dude you are clueless and have no clue what is classified as open zoned.  It's not hard to look up and see what schools charge Tuition (or a small fee as you like to call it) and nothing someone has to tell a kid.  Any School that has a transfer policy on file and has the POTENTIAL to have a student attend their school rather that be 1 student or 500 students is open zoned point blank period fee or no fee charged.

Springfield isn't just going to layover and has made it there for a reason.  This Elizabethton team is good but not near as good as the 2017 Greeneville team that Springfield faced.  In Springfield fans eyes this team is better as a team than that 2017 team.  I see it being a 14-17 point game in Favor of Betsy but if Springfield can force some TO then they have a chance to win!

• Like 1

I feel both of these teams have done great this year, Springfield winning their last 2 games and Elizabethton winning their last 2 games was impressive. I’m hoping for a hard fought game with the Cyclones winning! Play hard boys, but be safe! 
Now as far as these dopes saying Elizabethton recruits, lol, y’all are idiots.  Do they recruit 5th graders? Most of these kids went to TA Dugger in 6th grade! Lol!

For all the recruiting rumors, which is silly to even bring up when the kids have been in the system since middle school. Parents have the right to put their kids in good situations or environments. Three different coaches in two years is not a stable environment for players. Not saying anything bad about the people or kids but that’s tough on a program. When the county has a coach that jumps from one school to another and coaches at three different schools in one year, shows no stability. I also have a nephew at one of those county schools and from the sounds of his stories, the kids don’t enjoy playing for their coach. 

This is why my kids go to Elizabethton. They weren’t recruited but it was an easy answer to my question, who do I want coaching my kids? So stop blaming Elizabethton for your losses and start looking in the mirror!

I will say I have heard of some great teachers in the county and some good coaches, like the HV coach Jarrett, I’ve heard good things about him. I’m still happy with the choice we made.

With that said, I think both teams are phenomenal and it will be a close game!

Cyclones 27

Springfield 21

• Like 2

Carter County Mom’s two cents:  My kids attended the County Schools.  Please understand, some of the elementary schools are tiny and go all the way through eighth grade.  There is no opportunity for the middle school experience.  Band consisted of practicing in whatever room they could find a space.  It was a Tough decision for a lot of us parents after fifth grade to switch to Elizabethton City or stay in county schools.  Mine stayed in the county and yes they had the most amazing teachers who loved them, guided them and almost two decades later still are there for their former students as friends and mentors.  However, you can’t blame a child who wants a different experience, one like most other students in this country take for granted.  Examples:  1. Going to a real middle school that actually has a marching band instead of waiting three more years to march in a band with 20 students versus 200 plus in the city high school.  2. Not Being in an elementary school environment until you start ninth grade.  3. So many opportunities academically and  athletically as well as vocational training they just can’t provide in the county.  Unaka won the State Championship in Basketball while my kids were students there, so yes, the County is competitive in sports.  It is a different dynamic in our area, I bet most Carter County parents have had this conversation with kids about whether to switch or not, especially every time  one of their friends announced they were “moving to the city schools”.  Most transitioned after fifth grade.  No one can “blame” these kids for their decision to want to be a part of the Cyclone family.

The Cyclone football team is blessed with their coaching staff and to have a city that absolutely loves them.  Drive through town on  a Friday night game night and it is apparent that stadium (and all who fill it) is the heartbeat of Elizabethton.  I expect to see most of the population of Elizabethton in Cookeville supporting this amazingly talented team as well as the entire Witten family.   Coach Witten, Jason and their grandfather, Coach Rider, that entire family and coaching staff, inspire these players to be their best and to be the kind of men this world needs more of.  Those boys won’t just be carrying a Football down the field but decades of hopes and dreams for our entire community.  Good luck and God Bless you all.  Thanks for this thrilling adventure!  Safe travels for Cyclones, Jackets and fans!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Angelman03 said:

I know what you mean.....like after watching film ....Haywood by far looked bigger and faster than Betsy imho. But it will all be settled in Cookeville Saturday :bored:

Good luck to both Teams should be a Great Game. Elizabethton has a really good team . I think they being undefeated  and playing the schedule they have will help them. But they haven't been away from the friendly confines in a long time. It being their first time going could be a disadvantage I just don't know. You never know how a team will react to the brightest of lights when it shines on them. I know the first time Greeneville went they made more mistakes in that game than in the other 4 Trip's combined. But elizabethton is coached very well and they have played with poise all year long. So I don't think it will bother them. Springfield is a very solid football team. They will play hard and they do have a good Defense. So really anything could happen. LoL I'm not going to pretend I know who will win this game. But I do see Elizabethton as the favorite going in. Which I'm sure Springfield could care less about lol. I will tell elizabethton one thing if you guy's go down early and tailgate or anything you will enjoy the company of the Springfield Fans they were great people when we went and played them a couple year's ago. Good luck to Both Teams hoping for a great injury Free Game

Edited by Greendevil87
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

Good luck to both Teams should be a Great Game. Elizabethton has a really good team . I think they being undefeated  and playing the schedule they have will help them. But they haven't been away from the friendly confines in a long time. It being their first time going could be a disadvantage I just don't know. You never know how a team will react to the brightest of lights when it shines on them. I know the first time Greeneville went they made more mistakes in that game than in the other 4 Trip's combined. But elizabethton is coached very well and they have played with poise all year long. So I don't think it will bother them. Springfield is a very solid football team. They will play hard and they do have a good Defense. So really anything could happen. LoL I'm not going to pretend I know who will win this game. But I do see Elizabethton as the favorite going in. Which I'm sure Springfield could care less about lol. I will tell elizabethton one thing if you guy's go down early and tailgate or anything you will enjoy the company of the Springfield Fans they were great people when we went and played them a couple year's ago. Good luck to Both Teams hoping for a great injury Free Game

Appreciate the props @Greendevil87, we Springfield fans try be be as classy as our football team, :) . We take pride in being good representatives of our town and county, and we love our Yellow Jackets. 

• Like 2