Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

2 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

Good luck to both Teams should be a Great Game. Elizabethton has a really good team . I think they being undefeated  and playing the schedule they have will help them. But they haven't been away from the friendly confines in a long time. It being their first time going could be a disadvantage I just don't know. You never know how a team will react to the brightest of lights when it shines on them. I know the first time Greeneville went they made more mistakes in that game than in the other 4 Trip's combined. But elizabethton is coached very well and they have played with poise all year long. So I don't think it will bother them. Springfield is a very solid football team. They will play hard and they do have a good Defense. So really anything could happen. LoL I'm not going to pretend I know who will win this game. But I do see Elizabethton as the favorite going in. Which I'm sure Springfield could care less about lol. I will tell elizabethton one thing if you guy's go down early and tailgate or anything you will enjoy the company of the Springfield Fans they were great people when we went and played them a couple year's ago. Good luck to Both Teams hoping for a great injury Free Game

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Good luck jacket. Tell the boys to bring that WOOD

Appreciate the kind words GD87, and good luck to you guys as well FBF26, both should be great games!

• Upvote 1

Elizabethton has been healthy all year. Hughes missed 2 games central and east ridge but me and jim70 and ehs track could have played against them. Ehs schedule has been pretty easy greeneville 2 times was about the only tough team they played. Daniel boone had no clue what was going on when they played. Boone got better later.

13 hours ago, etowner89 said:

Both Hartley's, Stressman, Roberts, Morton, Holly's, Avery to name a few. All have a huge impact on this team.

The fact is that young athletes want to be competitive and have a chance to win, Elizabethton gave the county kids the best chance to win, no recruiting needed. Would you rather play for a county school where you are getting put out in the first or second round, or play for a team that has a chance at state?

when was the last time elizabethton made it to the 4th round i think if i am correct several county teams have made it to the 4th round while elizabethton was sitting home watching and you know for a fact if they had not recruited 10 or 12 county boys they would have had a losing record  this year an another county school would have been in the finals or maybe 2 of them i dont care how hard you worked or did you all just start working this year and as far as recruiting every one of these kids go all attended witten huddle other county schools cant attract these kids so it is absolutely an unfair advantage. ADMIT elizabethton only wins because of the county recruits and i will shut up GOO east tn. allstars

1 minute ago, allsportsmatter said:

when was the last time elizabethton made it to the 4th round i think if i am correct several county teams have made it to the 4th round while elizabethton was sitting home watching and you know for a fact if they had not recruited 10 or 12 county boys they would have had a losing record  this year an another county school would have been in the finals or maybe 2 of them i dont care how hard you worked or did you all just start working this year and as far as recruiting every one of these kids go all attended witten huddle other county schools cant attract these kids so it is absolutely an unfair advantage. ADMIT elizabethton only wins because of the county recruits and i will shut up GOO east tn. allstars

Just give it a rest.  These kids have worked their butts off all year and it doesn’t matter.  It’s water under the bridge.  They are cyclones and I’m sure they are dang proud of it right now.  Go cry somewhere else because you’re like a broken record and nobody wants to hear the blah blah blah.  GO CYCLONES and safe travels to Springfield and Betsy this weekend.  Injury free and may the best team win!

prediction-

Betsy 28

Springfield 13

54 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Good luck Saturday Jackets. Hardin County fan pulling hard for you guys. I think y’all got a heck of a football team.

jackets - 24

cyclones- 21

Grind it out!!! 

Appreciate the support and congrats on your teams great season, I fully expect you guys to be in the mix again next year!

1 hour ago, allsportsmatter said:

Can we please just give the zone/recruiting and all that mess a rest, us Springfield fans really do not care about that, we will play who they put on the field...period

9 hours ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Just give it a rest.  These kids have worked their butts off all year and it doesn’t matter.  It’s water under the bridge.  They are cyclones and I’m sure they are dang proud of it right now.  Go cry somewhere else because you’re like a broken record and nobody wants to hear the blah blah blah.  GO CYCLONES and safe travels to Springfield and Betsy this weekend.  Injury free and may the best team win!

prediction-

Betsy 28

Springfield 13

i am sure the kids and coaches both have worked very hard just like all the other county schools i just dont like it when it sounds like none of the other county schools have a work ethic or good coaches and that is the difference in the schools when every one knows that has nothing to do with it.The truth is R.W. recruits kids from youth club teams that have tremendous potential to W.H.then convinces them and parents its to there advantage to attend T.A. dugger once there they sell etown to them promising great college scholarships that county kids dont get but many end up riding the pine and the scholarship thing is just a bald face LIE if kids excell at the county schools they receive as much or more  exposure and scholarships but i will say no more just dont act like county schools dont have good education LIE and good sports programs C.H.S> and hampton have both been to more final 4s than etown GOOO east TN> western n.c. s.w. virginia allstars