Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

41 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

i am sure the kids and coaches both have worked very hard just like all the other county schools i just dont like it when it sounds like none of the other county schools have a work ethic or good coaches and that is the difference in the schools when every one knows that has nothing to do with it.The truth is R.W. recruits kids from youth club teams that have tremendous potential to W.H.then convinces them and parents its to there advantage to attend T.A. dugger once there they sell etown to them promising great college scholarships that county kids dont get but many end up riding the pine and the scholarship thing is just a bald face LIE if kids excell at the county schools they receive as much or more  exposure and scholarships but i will say no more just dont act like county schools dont have good education LIE and good sports programs C.H.S> and hampton have both been to more final 4s than etown GOOO east TN> western n.c. s.w. virginia allstars

Parents can take their kids to whatever school they see fit. I dont think chs knows or has known who their coach is gonna be the past few years. Besides why would we send our athletes to hhs or chs when all the are gonna do is sit the bench while they run power I. I went to the HV and HHS game, and the HHS and Oneida game this year, nephew plays for them. I seen so many senior weapons sit the bench while they ran the power offense. Then the last two minutes of both ball games they show that they can open it up but it was too late by then. Great WRs from what I seen! Didn’t get enough usage!

County coaches chase talent, while talent chase the Etown coaches! 

Edited by Reputationmatters
Confusing sentence

1 hour ago, Reputationmatters said:

Parents can take their kids to whatever school they see fit. I dont think chs knows or has known who their coach is gonna be the past few years. Besides why would we send our athletes to hhs or chs when all the are gonna do is sit the bench while they run power I. I went to the HV and HHS game, and the HHS and Oneida game this year, nephew plays for them. I seen so many senior weapons sit the bench while they ran the power offense. Then the last two minutes of both ball games they show that they can open it up but it was too late by then. Great WRs from what I seen! Didn’t get enough usage!

That's exactly right. EHS knows how to use the talent they are given, and if you are complaining about us being good this year. then get used to it. because Elizabethton isn't going anywhere. our sophomores are the most talented group on the team... Jake Roberts, Bryson Rollins, Connor Johnson, Owen Slagle, Blake Stewart, Caleb Johnson just a few. and not to mention a couple stand out freshmen Nate Stephens and cade Russell. EHS will be really good for the next few years

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yep, if the trend keeps up more people like Allsports will come out of the wood work to say the same crap. Anyone that follows EHS football knows we have improved each and every year and this year the hard work and dedication from the players and coaches paid off. EHS now knows they have what it takes to make it to the big game and the boost of confidence and the experience of the playoffs will carry over. I believe our coaches have been able to firmly establish a winning mentality and can't wait to see what the next few years hold. 

2 hours ago, Reputationmatters said:

I pull for Elizabethton and hope they win. Like I have said my son is at Cloudland and does Wittten Huddle.Ryan sent congratulations to my son on being named all conference.

This want be a poplar take but I believe the QB at Hampton might be better than Rollins. The Jones kid is really good. He throws a pretty ball and is a tough runner.

Edited by Appvol
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I pull Elizabethton and hope they win. Like I have said my son is at Cloudland and does Wittten Huddle.Ryan sent congratulations to my son on being named all conference.

This want be a poplar take but I believe the QB at Hampton might be better than Rollins. The Jones kid is really good. He throws a pretty ball and is a tough runner.

Do you think Rollins would have the same success as Jones in a Hampton style offense? Do you think Jones could run a Betsy style offense?

12 hours ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Just give it a rest.  These kids have worked their butts off all year and it doesn’t matter.  It’s water under the bridge.  They are cyclones and I’m sure they are dang proud of it right now.  Go cry somewhere else because you’re like a broken record and nobody wants to hear the blah blah blah.  GO CYCLONES and safe travels to Springfield and Betsy this weekend.  Injury free and may the best team win!

prediction-

Betsy 28

Springfield 13

Man this entire thread has been outsiders of Betsy and Springfield coming in talking about recruiting Jesus just drop it! The best 2 are here lets play ball.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ATMFAN said:

Do you think Rollins would have the same success as Jones in a Hampton style offense? Do you think Jones could run a Betsy style offense?

I think Elizabethton offense wouldn’t miss a beat with Jones and Jones is a man at safety.He is a very smart football player.Hampton would be about the same on offense with Rollins. 

I really have no idea who will win this game.  Clearly the last time Springfield was there, Greeneville was one of the best teams regardless of class, and Springfield was totally outmatched.  I know that game has nothing to do with this one, other than I don't see this Jackets teams getting run off the field.  If this game is close late, anything can happen.  

I never dreamed Springfield would be here this year, but somehow they always seem to find away. 

Edited by DANR

2 hours ago, Appvol said:

I pull for Elizabethton and hope they win. Like I have said my son is at Cloudland and does Wittten Huddle.Ryan sent congratulations to my son on being named all conference.

I think that’s the way communities are supposed to be! I have always pulled for the teams around here. The Jones kid is an amazing athlete and so was his brothers! The WR Jones made some awesome plays, should have been used more in my opinion. From the few games that I seen, the WRs were under used when they could have been WR U! I also would have liked to have seen the outcome of the Marion county game a few years back had the other Jones QB not gotten hurt. I think this county as a whole has great kids! 

Thank you for pulling for us! Go Betsy! 

• Like 1