Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

58 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

Springfield team seems tired already. Betsy needs to turn the throttle up and take some shots down field. 

I'm not John Madden, but I'd say they are tired because almost every Springfield possession in the first half was 3 and out.  Combine that statistic with the fact that your defensive line is outweighed by an average of 70lbs per man, you'll get tired.

You know losing to Betsy this year twice was a tough one to digest.  I think we all know that if it would have been the opposite in those 2 games, Greeneville would have been coming back with a 3pt which makes those loses a little harder today because of knowing what coulda been if Greeneville would have played Springfield today. But I said all that to say this; I never thought I would see myself pulling for Betsy and I am today.  I am happy for your fanbase, coaches and especially the players.  Looks like you guys are going to be the class 4a state champions.  North East Tennessee is now going to have 3 in a row state championships.  3 in a row says a ton about our little ole communities down here in our neck of the woods in NET.  There’s no doubt that Betsy & Greeneville will be in the mix again next year and years to come.  Gotta give credit to all the coaches and the communities in our area for their support and dedication.   Way to go Cyclones, you guys are coming back home to NET as the 4a State Champions in 2019.  :thumb:  Also congrats on a perfect season.

Congrats to Springfield on a awesome run this year.

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Like 2

I just heard the announcers acknowledge that Greeneville is in Noertheast Tennessee.  It's too bad that Doug Fritz and the Johnson City Press don't realize as well.  It's laughable when you see the Northeast Tennessee Top 10 in the JC Press, and they don't recognize Greeneville, which is in the same conference as 'Betsy, and is 30 minutes down the road.:wink: