Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

27 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

He did not say it as disrespect to Springfield.  We do play up.  It’s just a huge talent gap when you get more challenges in your regular season schedule than the State Championship.   Elizabethton played 2 6A teams and 2 5A teams as their out of conference games. We do that yearly.  

35 minutes ago, Cummins354 said:

Elizabethton already plays up.

This will be my last comment on this thread. I realize to comment further will just cause me to be vilified by the NET faithful.  But to make open end statements and gross generalizations like, “4 A isn’t very good” gets my anger up.

Springfield over achieved this year to make it to the 4A championship game.  You beat his yesterday at the child’s game of High School football and you beat us good.  Football isn’t the measure of our young men though.  By over achieving this year, they showed the strength of their CHARACTER.  This will serve them well for the remainder of their lives not just for a fleeting moment on a beautiful sunny December day in Mid Tennessee. Since we are a very rural county a small number of players will seek employment in the military service for employment to help preserve the rights for old men like us to have the freedom to use forums like this without fear.  I am still proud of our team because of the whole season we had.  I refuse to let the butt whipping we took yesterday to be our measuring stick.  If that is what you chose to measure us by that is your God given and American protected right 

I take umbrage to statements like that.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

This will be my last comment on this thread. I realize to comment further will just cause me to be vilified by the NET faithful.  But to make open end statements and gross generalizations like, “4 A isn’t very good” gets my anger up.

Springfield over achieved this year to make it to the 4A championship game.  You beat his yesterday at the child’s game of High School football and you beat us good.  Football isn’t the measure of our young men though.  By over achieving this year, they showed the strength of their CHARACTER.  This will serve them well for the remainder of their lives not just for a fleeting moment on a beautiful sunny December day in Mid Tennessee. Since we are a very rural county a small number of players will seek employment in the military service for employment to help preserve the rights for old men like us to have the freedom to use forums like this without fear.  I am still proud of our team because of the whole season we had.  I refuse to let the butt whipping we took yesterday to be our measuring stick.  If that is what you chose to measure us by that is your God given and American protected right 

I take umbrage to statements like that.   

I was talking football. I never question anybody's character from Springfield. Sorry you got your feelings hurt.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Angelman03 said:

Why? Thats right to avoid that annual stomping from Alcoa. Even the Carter Co. All Stars aren't a match for them.

Envy is a ugly beast and you just keep feeding it.

Would you reject a Maupin or Rollins if they wished to play for your team (whatever team that might be)? 

Has your team EVER took on a player outside of your area?

Secondly, in one breath you congratulate us on the win and the next breath you attempt to tear us down by this childishness. 

You can have your back handed compliment and keep it. There are a lot of genuine folks here from all different schools who truly are proud of what these young men accomplished and backed us throughout the playoffs. 

Even had one at the game from Sullivan South showing his support for us. Saw some from Green Co. (Greenville). These are true supporters, not like yourself. 

So we really do not need your "congratulation" ... keep it.

Don't insult us by attempting to portray your compliments as sincere or legit. 

We are just humble Carter Co. Allstars but we can see true sincerity when it is shown.

Edited by Datoad
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

He did not say it as disrespect to Springfield.  We do play up.  It’s just a huge talent gap when you get more challenges in your regular season schedule than the State Championship.   Elizabethton played 2 6A teams and 2 5A teams as their out of conference games. We do that yearly.  

Jackets had a terrible day with the offense execution  and didn’t look like they had many backup plans. Fumbled punt ....sigh. Credit Cyclones for shutting the run down. Cyclones won that in the trenches. Jackets defense did what I expected for most part. I saw several missed tackles that was frustrating. Jackets defense had to wear out due to the offense struggles. Cyclones caught the Jackets having a bad offensive day. Best team won and congrats

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

Jackets had a terrible day with the offense execution  and didn’t look like they had many backup plans. Fumbled punt ....sigh. Credit Cyclones for shutting the run down. Cyclones won that in the trenches. Jackets defense did what I expected for most part. I saw several missed tackles that was frustrating. Jackets defense had to wear out due to the offense struggles. Cyclones caught the Jackets having a bad offensive day. Best team won and congrats

I think we knew we would have to upset #5's world to win this game. The defense did a great job of keeping him on the run (fortunately in the wrong direction.)

To those who attempt to redirect all of the credit to Maupin and Rollins, it was a team effort that won the game and the defense (local boys), was a HUGE,HUGE part of that win. 

All of the talk of the Jacket's strength, talent and endurance, spoken on this forum was true.

You folks have a great program at Springfield and it will be exciting to meet again in the future. I for one hope we do. 

Go Jackets ... Go Cyclones.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

You nailed it.  We never could get the offense going. The team that played the best Football game in 4A won yesterday. Kudos to Elizabethton 

• Like 1

Again I’d like to congratulate Springfield’s team on their season. They are young and made it the championship game for the second time in three years. Many teams that they’ve played would have enjoyed being in this game and not at home. Springfield won their way there same as the Cyclones. Much respect. Spoke with quiet a few Jacket faithful before and after the game. Wonderful fan base and incredible people!  Enjoy meeting and speaking with each of you.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Datoad said:

I think we knew we would have to upset #5's world to win this game. The defense did a great job of keeping him on the run (fortunately in the wrong direction.)

To those who attempt to redirect all of the credit to Maupin and Rollins, it was a team effort that won the game and the defense (local boys), was a HUGE,HUGE part of that win. 

All of the talk of the Jacket's strength, talent and endurance, spoken on this forum was true.

You folks have a great program at Springfield and it will be exciting to meet again in the future. I for one hope we do. 

Go Jackets ... Go Cyclones.

We are proud of our program and the progress we have made.  It was painfully obvious yesterday that we aren’t on the same level talent wise with Greeneville or Elizabethton.  The only way for us to improve is to continue competing against these elite 4A programs and strive to get better 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

You guys have a good team and a lot of talent and we may meet again in the championship down the road.