Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

I think the coaches all knew the threat/s you offered. Had we not disturbed your offence we would had been in a whole heap of trouble. That was obvious in the third quarter on that side line pass. That was an example of the skill and danger we faced. Fortunately our defense was ready and executed the game plan.

There is nothing to take away from Springfield and their abilities. It was an exciting game to say the least. 

It is because of teams like Spingfield that we came out the winner yesterday. It challenges us to better ourselves. 

Thank you for your congrats and kindness. 

Look forward to see you all in the future.

Hope your young men realize the determination they demonstrated is what wins games and builds character. 

The difference in the two teams was we had a game plan that was well executed and it disturbed your game plan. 

You never know how a plan will turn out till it is put to the test. We did not know but it turned out good for us.

Go Jackets...Go Cyclones

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

We are proud of our program and the progress we have made.  It was painfully obvious yesterday that we aren’t on the same level talent wise with Greeneville or Elizabethton.  The only way for us to improve is to continue competing against these elite 4A programs and strive to get better 

I also talked to some Springfield fans and your fan base are good people.TheCommissioner I have enjoyed your comments on here and can tell you love your team.Best of luck down the road.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, lawnman said:

You guys have a good team and a lot of talent and we may meet again in the championship down the road.

I hope you are a prophet in that respect and our paths cross again.  I would love to meet up with some of you.  I was very very impressed by your D yesterday.  You kept our two 1000 yard rushers bottled up 

34 minutes ago, Datoad said:

I think the coaches all knew the threat/s you offered. Had we not disturbed your offence we would had been in a whole heap of trouble. That was obvious in the third quarter on that side line pass. That was an example of the skill and danger we faced. Fortunately our defense was ready and executed the game plan.

There is nothing to take away from Springfield and their abilities. It was an exciting game to say the least. 

It is because of teams like Spingfield that we came out the winner yesterday. It challenges us to better ourselves. 

Thank you for your congrats and kindness. 

Look forward to see you all in the future.

Hope your young men realize the determination they demonstrated is what wins games and builds character. 

The difference in the two teams was we had a game plan that was well executed and it disturbed your game plan. 

You never know how a plan will turn out till it is put to the test. We did not know but it turned out good for us.

Go Jackets...Go Cyclones

The WR who caught the sideline pass was #20 Gabe Kelly.  I believe that we have scored on that play in 5 straight playoff games.  You knew it was coming and had Maupin and a CB on Gabe.  Gabe is a baller and went up and got the ball for the 66 yard score.  We just had too few of Plays like these to keep the game close. Kudos to Coach Witten for his scouting and schemes 

A lot are bandwagon fans. The ones on here go but the others where they there both south games no or east ridge when there might have been 500 total in stadium or grainger county game. Yes the crowd was great but next year science hill will be crowded and then that is it unless they get greeneville at home 3rd round of playoffs next year. The players notice and the coaches know but they have to be politically correct.

7 minutes ago, Tab said:

A lot are bandwagon fans. The ones on here go but the others where they there both south games no or east ridge when there might have been 500 total in stadium or grainger county game. Yes the crowd was great but next year science hill will be crowded and then that is it unless they get greeneville at home 3rd round of playoffs next year. The players notice and the coaches know but they have to be politically correct.

Sorry to read this.  It is very obvious that your players and coaches put A LOT of blood, sweat and tears into preparation for the season.  They deserve the fans support.  Our games are jammed pack with many standing around the fences.  A high school football game in Springfield is an event  

19 minutes ago, lawnman said:

You are correct and there is nothing like high school football.

Funny you should say that.  I almost said that same thing word-for-word to the gentleman I was sitting with yesterday.  I have been to plenty of pro and college games but High School is very different and unique because I feel of the sense of community that is present.  

• Like 2