Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

3 hours ago, Datoad said:

I think the coaches all knew the threat/s you offered. Had we not disturbed your offence we would had been in a whole heap of trouble. That was obvious in the third quarter on that side line pass. That was an example of the skill and danger we faced. Fortunately our defense was ready and executed the game plan.

There is nothing to take away from Springfield and their abilities. It was an exciting game to say the least. 

It is because of teams like Spingfield that we came out the winner yesterday. It challenges us to better ourselves. 

Thank you for your congrats and kindness. 

Look forward to see you all in the future.

Hope your young men realize the determination they demonstrated is what wins games and builds character. 

The difference in the two teams was we had a game plan that was well executed and it disturbed your game plan. 

You never know how a plan will turn out till it is put to the test. We did not know but it turned out good for us.

Go Jackets...Go Cyclones

Great comment...I couldnt be more proud of our Jackets, I have a deep rooted family history in this football program (1930s). It really hurts hearing some of the comments that somewhat degrades what our young men accomplished to include some small victories they had yesterday, such as "they coulda scored 50, wasnt trying, etc etc", well you didnt...lol; anyway congrats to you guys, clearly had the better team and you got a gold ball. Being somewhat restrained on throwing the ball we had no choice but to heavily rely on running the ball which is what got us here. Tried passing more early in the year and it just never clicked. We eventually found our identity running the ball because this team just didnt have the capabilities to throw. It worked for the most part because we could move the ball enough to compliment our defense which got us to Cookeville. Betsy was just too good defensively to line up in a box set and run right at them. You all basically schemed the way I would have playing against us. Once again congrats to you guys and hope to see you again!

Edited by Kevin38

2 hours ago, lawnman said:

Watched the replay of the game and it’s amazing how this fan base showed up for Betsy.Great job community and how about them Cyclones....State Champs...woooooooooooo

I would like to think we had the most attended game of the 9 that were played there this week. We had about 50% more there when we played Greeneville than we had yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Anybody know how to rewatch the game online anywhere??

Its is $9.99/month but well worth it, subscribed for about a year now, but you can watch playoff games and state titles from every state, I check out lots of recruits this way. Highschool sports fans will love it, includes prttey much every hs sport...

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/

• Thanks 1