Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

28 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I believe I was the one that may have made the comment coulda score 50.  It was intended to be degrading or anything negative.  My apologies if it was taken that way.  Someone had made a comment about Witten going vanilla and I made that comment because he’s doesn’t seem like a coach that is selfish and try keep scoring just because he could. Regardless of what the score was or could have been, Springfield deserved to the there! Springfield has something special going.  It’s obvious you guys have an excellent coaching staff and it shows in your players and support from your fans. You guys had an excellent season and state runner up/silver ball is something to be very proud of.  There was a lot of team setting at the house that would have love to have even made it.  Springfield is definitely on everyone’s radar across the whole state of TN and well deserved. The hard work from the coaches/players and the dedication from the community shows. 

I think you left the word “not” out where I highlighted.  You have too much class for that sentence as is. 

Edited by TheCommissioner

1 hour ago, Romansfive8 said:

I believe I was the one that may have made the comment coulda score 50.  It was NOT intended to be degrading or anything negative.  My apologies if it was taken that way.  Someone had made a comment about Witten going vanilla. I made that comment because he’s doesn’t seem like a coach that is selfish and would keep running up the score just because he could. Regardless of what the score was or could have been, Springfield deserved to be there! Springfield has something special going.  It’s obvious you guys have an excellent coaching staff and it shows in your players and support from your fans. You guys had an excellent season and state runner up/silver ball is something to be very proud of.  There were a lot of teams setting at the house watching that would have love to have been in Cookeville. Springfield is definitely on everyone’s radar across the whole state of TN and well deserved. The hard work from the coaches/players and the dedication from the community shows. 

53 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Absolutely.  Keeping the D fresh and off the field.  Very few teams can manage the game like that.  I believe Springfield played very similar to Elizabethton throughout the year in that aspect.  Congrats again on an excellent season.  Hopefully we can do it again in the future! (Next year)

It is all good Roman, we just dont want to see our kids not be appreciated, I understand that was not your intent...

True BC16, the main difference being we just didnt have the capability to throw like you guys did, and against a team like you guys you have got to be able to do more than just run...

8 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

At least Witten said he wanted to be like Greeneville lol

We want to be better than Greeneville.

They set the bar we want to push it up a little.

I know if this attitude continues in this area, there is going to be some real good football come out of the East.

It is truly great to see rivals support each other the way that was demonstrated in this series.

I guess the game of high school football can teach the spectator some things about life also.

If we let it. 

In all humility, It has been a long hard journey and it feels great to finally accomplish this goal. 

I would only wish every team and player could experience it and I hope they will.

I guess now it is time to defend it Huh? That will be fun... at least for us spectators :popcorneater: