Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

28 minutes ago, Datoad said:

...and Elizabethton goes to state!!!

Where ever these young men are from they are at Elizabethton now. 

They worked hard to get there and you wish to take it from them?

Who are you?   b2275258b74c9f69134f85925b72d3a9.jpg

If it were your home team, I feel you would not have the same attitude. 

BTW, doesn't every college and pro team have players from different areas,schools and or states?

Which is your favorite team and lets examine their players origins. 

this is not a college or pro team doubt they could compete on that lever even though they do recruit on that level can you name those kids that all those schools got from other places

30 minutes ago, bevo said:

Rollins Hughes and Maupin all live in Elizabethton yes they did come from other schools but that happens in the county schools to.  Cloudland use to get players come from Avery Co, Hampton use to get players from Cloudland, and Happy Valley use to get players from Elizabethton it happens all the time. 

all schools get transfers true but no team i know of recruits kids at a young age by using a program that indoctrinates all county players and beyond to join there team never heard of this money and influence being very good to the very best around steals from all schools near them i just hate that it hurts all the county schools . Bye the way im a cloudland supporter and if corey had played there we would have won the gold ball 2 years in a row

2 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

this is not a college or pro team doubt they could compete on that lever even though they do recruit on that level can you name those kids that all those schools got from other places

Can you name the kids that elizabethton is allegedly “recruiting” from the county? 

9 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

all schools get transfers true but no team i know of recruits kids at a young age by using a program that indoctrinates all county players and beyond to join there team never heard of this money and influence being very good to the very best around steals from all schools near them i just hate that it hurts all the county schools . Bye the way im a cloudland supporter and if corey had played there we would have won the gold ball 2 years in a row

Don’t know why people are saying they recruit. No one ever recruited my boys or paid tuition for us or anything like that I’ve got receipts to prove that. Every time any team in Carter Co does good the other teams always down them and start with the rumors. Trust me if Cloudland was playing for the championship I would be there supporting them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

But Cory did not want to play for Cloudland now did he?

I ask you, should a player be allowed to play where he wishes if his parents are willing to pay the tuition or make the move?

Also, my wife is a substitute teacher for Elizabethton city schools and she can tell you how many kids come from the county to be at Elizabethton. It is a lot.

Should they go back to the county schools when they come of age to play ball?

Another thing, you act as if there are only 4 people on our team, what about the linesmen who open up those holes for Maupin to run through. Or those blocks to allow Rollins to hit his receivers ...oh and dem receivers, what about dem receivers?

You see, it is a TEAM that has gotten us to where we are. Each one doing there part. 

I tell you what ask those players if they are sorry for the choice THEY MADE to come play for Elizabethton.

If they would had stayed at their original schools then they would be watching this game from their living room couch. 

Quit trying to rob them from their hard work and victories. 

If you wish to attack us, feel free but let them have the reward for all of the hard work they did and the reward for their TEAM effort. 

Edited by Datoad
  • Upvote 1