Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

2 hours ago, Razor61 said:

I’d say top 3 defensive teams in Cookeville this weekend were Maryville, Alcoa and Elizabethton, in that order. We took the pass away from Nolensville and made them one dimensional. We were built to stop Greeneville’s run game so a running team just plays into our hands. And once we get a lead you can count on a heavy dose of Maupin and Rollins and our O-Line to burn clock. I loved how coach Wilson got all choked up talking about the 4th and goal play. It shows he really loves his kids and cares about them. Classy program you got there. Good luck next year.

Appreciate it, you guys have a fine program, we are very proud of ours and will continue to strive for that ever elusive state title, good luck to you guys in the future...

10 hours ago, BVDevil said:

thanks razor...next year will be interesting for both of us.....you guys will be fighting complacency on top of greene devils and we will be fighting everyone and every thing.....lol...seriously though, the view from on top of the  mountain is a whoooooole lot different than it is when you're still climbing and Betsy is about to find that out. gona be a great great off season for you guys, trust me...just dont go broke buying up all that state championship gear....lol.....save some money for yourself a brand new " 5 time state champs" shirt next year about this time....i'll save you one, just let me know what size:mrgreen:

Size...GOB. Great ole big’n!!!

5 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Much props to your coach Springfield. Great guy. If there is a player on that team that does not want to go to war for that guy they need to leave the team. 

What you see is what you get with Coach Wilson. He’s Springfield through and through. Everyone is held to the same standard, whether you’re a star player or one that never sees any game time. 

2 minutes ago, lawnman said:

That was a good article and Appvol we both know “ if you build it they will come”...lol

I’m happy for you guys and the community. Wish I could of went with my brother in law to watch it. Could of been on the field with him but had to start working Saturdays till Christmas is over.