Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

3 minutes ago, Datoad said:

As if the coaching has nothing to do with it.

As if all the other players had nothing to do with it.

You act as if Maupin and Rollins are the only ones on the team.

You assume too much.

This position we are in is the result of many players from many years and a great coaching staff that has got us to where we are. 

I saw plenty of skilled players last night on that field. Often it is the ones on the front line that makes these you speak of, look so good.

Then put their backups in and see what happens in the Championship game 

27 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Springfield fan here, not saying you brought it up, but I don't this thread to turn into one of those "privates vs public" types of threads, not saying anyone is private, just an example, so Jacket's fans knock off the Carter co bs, there are no excuses, if they beat us it's because they were the better team and we will congratulate them and I trust they will do the same for us if we win. Congrats to both teams and let's both enjoy the process!

Amen!!!

It will boil down to who plays a better game.

Let these young men who have worked so hard, take it to the field and work it out. 

Games are not won or lost in these forums but by these young men doing the best that they know how along WITH their TEAMmates. 

Congrats to Spingfield.

Look forward to seeing you all in Cookville!!!

Go Cyclones!!!

Edited by Datoad

48 minutes ago, Angelman03 said:

Why are some counties like Carter county allowed to do that? From what I've read Springfield (Robertson) can only use players from Springfield?

over 90% of schools are classified as open zone per the TSSAA.  Springfield and Betsy are both open zoned since both have transfer policies on file allowing students outside the bus routes to attend the school.  I'm sure Betsy is only using players that attend Betsy :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Cummins354 said:

Then put their backups in and see what happens in the Championship game 

Are you for real!

No team would/could play football with their back ups and get to the playoffs. Let alone to the state championship level.

Do you know if we have or have not played any of our back ups this year?

1 minute ago, Datoad said:

Are you for real!

No team would/could play football with their back ups and get to the playoffs. Let alone to the state championship level.

Do you know if we have or have not played any of our back ups this year?

I'm just saying that's who would be playing if those kid weren't there. 

2 minutes ago, Cummins354 said:

I'm just saying that's who would be playing if those kid weren't there. 

Obviously you have not been to an Elizabethton football game

or you are willingfully ignorant. 

Our team is loaded with talent, even in our back up area. When you play the caliber teams such as Greeneville and Nolensville you don't use your second string .

Why should I even have to be explaining this?

1 minute ago, Datoad said:

Obviously you have not been to an Elizabethton football game

or you are willingfully ignorant. 

Our team is loaded with talent, even in our back up area. When you play the caliber teams such as Greeneville and Nolensville you don't use your second string .

Why should I even have to be explaining this?

You was the one talking about  all the county kids watching from the couch if they still played in the county. So you are saying they have the same success without them or are you willfully ignorant? 

13 minutes ago, woodby30 said:

You and Diesel Cummins obviously are sore over something. All I hear is play here play there, county this county that. Have you ever once thought of academics? Or, is football the only thing that matters to you? I would guess it is, the way you are talking sounds like you had one or two to many concussions.  Academics would be the first reason any parent should look at when deciding a high school. And sorry it is true Elizabethton academics at the high school level simply offers way more. Then and only then athletics come into the picture. 

So, let's look at it from your perspective Football is all that matters we have schools only for sports. Little Diesel Cummins is growing up into a high school player. He seems to possibly have what it takes to grow up into a Big Rig Cummins. Now, how do I get him to the next level? Will he get better playing Avery county or will he get better playing Greeneville? Say what you want playing down does nothing. However, in your thought process it does not matter you bought this house in littleville Little Diesel only has one option littleville High. I cannot let him get a better education. I cannot let him get better on the field because this is where I bought my home.   

Your thought process is like saying I live in Tiny town and bubba is paying 40k per year for me to fix his gas engine. Next door in large town jack is paying 90k per year for the same job. But Wait I cannot leave Tiny town to work. Same dang thing.

Now I suggest you get over your high school losses of the past and move on.  Support your entire community not just your little section. You do have two more options just be quiet or continue being seen as a troll with nothing better to do. The choice is yours.  

The academics part is a wash. My son would get no better education at Elizabethton then he does at Cloudland. I’m happy for Russell and Mitchell. If Mitchell would of stayed in Avery Co he would have had a really good high school career there.The coach Avery has now is just as good as Witten if not better. I’m pretty sure the Mitchell’s own a house in Elizabethton. I’m happy for Elizabethton and really like Ryan and what he does for my son helping him at Huddle to try be a better football player.

6 minutes ago, Appvol said:

The academics part is a wash. My son would get no better education at Elizabethton then he does at Cloudland. I’m happy for Russell and Mitchell. If Mitchell would of stayed in Avery Co he would have had a really good high school career there.The coach Avery has now is just as good as Witten if not better. I’m pretty sure the Mitchell’s own a house in Elizabethton. I’m happy for Elizabethton and really like Ryan and what he does for my son helping him at Huddle to try be a better football player.

I respect the academics comment some disagree with my thought on it I get that. It is just my opinion on the offerings not as much as the teaching.  

Edited by woodby30