2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

3 hours ago, Turu said:

By the numbers:

MC- 4 year record 48-5, opponents record 89-69, points for 540, points against 124. Against top 10 teams; Meigs County 4-1 

Peabody- 4 year record 45-8, opponents record 74-86, points for 606 points against 104. Against top 10 teams Peabody 0-0 

info from coacht

Crazy that one of meigs 5 losses the last 4 seasons was to the might Rockets

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allgoodlf said:

Riverside beat Forrest who was 12-0.   A top 4 team.  So u can throw that top 10 stuff out of the window.  Our 4 year record includes 2 State championships.  U may get the gold but it won't be easy.  Roll Tide.

Don't use Forrest's record to try to add credibility to your weak schedule. Only team in  the final top 11 you faced all year (Fairley) took you to the limit and beyond. For the 5th time, your coaches scheduled the 45th easiest schedule out of 47 2A teams listed in the end of season SOS poll. 4 playoff games managed to pull it up to 37th toughest. Meigs played the 11th toughest according to the same SOS poll. In 2 seasons your best wins are to that Fairley team and a Trousdale County team with a QB with one arm and one leg. Both games came down to the final play. You have built an amazing two year record on a regular season filled with cupcakes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

Don't use Forrest's record to try to add credibility to your weak schedule. Only team in  the final top 11 you faced all year (Fairley) took you to the limit and beyond. For the 5th time, your coaches scheduled the 45th easiest schedule out of 47 2A teams listed in the end of season SOS poll. 4 playoff games managed to pull it up to 37th toughest. Meigs played the 11th toughest according to the same SOS poll. In 2 seasons your best wins are to that Fairley team and a Trousdale County team with a QB with one arm and one leg. Both games came down to the final play. You have built an amazing two year record on a regular season filled with cupcakes. 

BOOM

Just now, Salem said:

It wasn't for lack of trying.   You can't blame the coaches.  Several good teams refused to play us this year.  Huntingdon, Dyer County, Henry County are a few that we tried to get on the schedule, but they refused.  Also take into account that our region is typically a force to be reckoned with.   Union City and Adamsville both had down years.    That's just the hand we were dealt.   We do have heavy playoff experience that includes Cookeville obviously.  Rest assured these boys are ready to play.   

I am hoping we take a Pep bus Saturday. If the school will I’ll pledge $100.  Talked to several kids who wanted to go but couldn’t get there. This is first time in 24 years— let’s go Meigs. Everyone tell administrators to get those kids there. It’s their memories to make also.  Any churches have vans?  Get your ppl there!!

4 minutes ago, Turu said:

I am hoping we take a Pep bus Saturday. If the school will I’ll pledge $100.  Talked to several kids who wanted to go but couldn’t get there. This is first time in 24 years— let’s go Meigs. Everyone tell administrators to get those kids there. It’s their memories to make also.  Any churches have vans?  Get your ppl there!!

Peabody has one planned.  They're charging $20/person, and that includes a ticket to the game.   Hope Meigs does too.  The more the merrier.  Those boys deserve huge cheering crowds on both sides of that stadium.   

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Salem said:

35 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

BOOM

Cupcake or not lol it’s like Rick Fair used to say, “to be the man you got to beat the man” it’s all talk until you beat the tide. Lol so all this cupcake stuff that you all are laying on thick is not phasing me. I’m just ready to watch a good game and this will be my last post till after the game. Roll Tide #backtoback

7 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Cupcake or not lol it’s like Rick Fair used to say, “to be the man you got to beat the man” it’s all talk until you beat the tide. Lol so all this cupcake stuff that you all are laying on thick is not phasing me. I’m just ready to watch a good game and this will be my last post till after the game. Roll Tide #backtoback

Rick Flair lol you right.

• Upvote 1