2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

5 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

6436FC12-45D1-4F89-B474-9B2009EA13F5.jpeg

Swafford stayed in the game after that hit and actually scored the next drive I believe.. Dickson went to the sideline and only played defense until the second half after that hit.

Make no bones about it.. Dickson ran him over, but the hit didn’t take Swafford out the game..

Having to run the ball every single play against  a great defensive team for two straight weeks might of affected his play the second half. This was my first time seeing Swafford and no offense to Dickson, but if Mr.Football means the MVP then Swafford should’ve received it again. 

IMO Meigs couldn’t of competed at the level they did this year without him... From what I seen today.

7 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Swafford stayed in the game after that hit and actually scored the next drive I believe.. Dickson went to the sideline and only played defense until the second half after that hit.

Make no bones about it.. Dickson ran him over, but the hit didn’t take Swafford out the game..

Having to run the ball every single play against  a great defensive team for two straight weeks might of affected his play the second half. This was my first time seeing Swafford and no offense to Dickson, but if Mr.Football means the MVP then Swafford should’ve received it again. 

IMO Meigs couldn’t of competed at the level they did this year without him... From what I seen today.

I believe that hit may have made Swafford a little hesitant to meet Dickson. He was the straw the stirred the drink for Meigs. I knew If we came out of half and stopped him we had a chance at the comeback 

4 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Swafford was the best player on Meigs team for sure. But he was not the best player on that field today. My biggest take away was Meigs defense. Early this week some Meigs posters got their panties in a wad cause someone specifically said that Meigs defense has no weakness. & when I questioned how they gave up 27 to South Pitt, all I got was flack. But I saw plenty of weakness in that 2nd half. Peabody mowed over them & Meigs never had a chance when the Tide got going. Peabody held them to only 30 yards total offense in the 2nd half. 

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

I believe that hit may have made Swafford a little hesitant to meet Dickson. He was the straw the stirred the drink for Meigs. I knew If we came out of half and stopped him we had a chance at the comeback 

I can agree with that.. Both kids were great ball players 

10 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Swafford was the best player on Meigs team for sure. But he was not the best player on that field today. My biggest take away was Meigs defense. Early this week some Meigs posters got their panties in a wad cause someone specifically said that Meigs defense has no weakness. & when I questioned how they gave up 27 to South Pitt, all I got was flack. But I saw plenty of weakness in that 2nd half. Peabody mowed over them & Meigs never had a chance when the Tide got going. Peabody held them to only 30 yards total offense in the 2nd half. 

From what I seen today.. ( again it’s a small sampling) If you take Swafford away from Meigs they are a good football team at best. 

If you take Dickson from Peabody they still would compete at a really high level.

Both teams had great line play, but Meigs was definitely limited in the skill positions with the exception of Swafford.

I’m not trying to disrespect either team or kid.. I was just amazed how many times Swafford carried the rock. Did Meigs have anyone else who touched the ball more than 5 times?

5 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

From what I seen today.. ( again it’s a small sampling) If you take Swafford away from Meigs they are a good football team at best. 

If you take Dickson from Peabody they still would compete at a really high level.

Exactly. Peabody is the best team in 2A. They proved that AGAIN despite what most people in the east thought. All year long we’ve had idiots try & argue that Peabody wasn’t that good because of the schedule they play. Peabody asserted their dominance today & shut the doubters up. Like I’ve said, Meigs has a good team. But they aren’t on the same level as Peabody. It showed today. 

1 minute ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Exactly. Peabody is the best team in 2A. They proved that AGAIN despite what most people in the east thought. All year long we’ve had idiots try & argue that Peabody wasn’t that good because of the schedule they play. Peabody asserted their dominance today & shut the doubters up. Like I’ve said, Meigs has a good team. But they aren’t on the same level as Peabody. It showed today. 

Can’t argue that.. they won the state championship today.. I also believe that there was only one poster on the T that argued about the weakness of your schedule. Everyone else said you were the next up and coming LSU Tigers!

Just now, H2Oman said:

Can’t argue that.. they won the state championship today.. I also believe that there was only one poster on the T that argued about the weakness of your schedule. Everyone else said you were the next up and coming LSU Tigers!

Trust me buddy. There was more than one. But as you can see none of them are here to eat their crow.