2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Crickets just like last year my man... total silence, I still respect Meigs from the scare they had us in at half but Peabody was too fast for these cats. 

But did you hear a Tide poster make 1 excuse half number 1 ?? Nope we knew we had stud players hurt and we just did what we do and win !!!

Has anyone else wondered why the Meigs Co. coach had Swafford take a knee near the 50 yard line with 58 seconds left before halftime?  You're up 19-7, just intercepted a pass and ran it back 30 yards.  You have Peabody on the ropes and you take a knee twice.  If I am not mistaken, Meigs Co. had at least one timeout left as well.  Not another team in Cookeville would have done that this weekend.

Edited by ValleyBoy2019
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ValleyBoy2019 said:

Has anyone else wondered why the Meigs Co. coach had Swafford take a knee near the 50 yard line with 58 seconds left before halftime?  You're up 19-7, just intercepted a pass and ran it back 30 yards.  You have Peabody on the ropes and you take a knee twice.  If I am not mistaken, Meigs Co. had at least one timeout left as well.  Not another team in Cookeville would have done that this weekend.

When I seen them do that I knew we had them. Just told me that they were complacent with how they were doing so far. When we played Marion Co in the our first gold ball win in 2014 we got a fumble and threw like a 70 yard bomb to score before the half. You gotta have that killer instinct at state. 

I would’ve tried a ran it or passed it down our throats 

Edited by Goldenpride

Congrats Peabody! After the game against Fairly I thought there might be some karma in the championship game...

Bring the gold back to Gibson county!!!

Also, proud of the Tide posters. For the most part I have only seen positive and encouraging things from them. Peabody folks folks please enjoy this. This is a very special time for y'all and I am happy for Y'all.  Gibson county sometimes gets a bad name but we are some pretty good folk. ( minus BPM he eats cat turds and sniffs roaches )

What about next year Peabody??? Can it be a 3 time Gold ball run?

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Swafford stayed in the game after that hit and actually scored the next drive I believe.. Dickson went to the sideline and only played defense until the second half after that hit.

Make no bones about it.. Dickson ran him over, but the hit didn’t take Swafford out the game..

Having to run the ball every single play against  a great defensive team for two straight weeks might of affected his play the second half. This was my first time seeing Swafford and no offense to Dickson, but if Mr.Football means the MVP then Swafford should’ve received it again. 

IMO Meigs couldn’t of competed at the level they did this year without him... From what I seen today.

We are very proud of Cooper and he earned this award but Dickson is abetter football player than Swafford.  In head to head competition, I believe Dickson showed he was the better of the two.  We were loaded and Dickson had to share the worth.

2 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Congrats Peabody! After the game against Fairly I thought there might be some karma in the championship game...

Bring the gold back to Gibson county!!!

Also, proud of the Tide posters. For the most part I have only seen positive and encouraging things from them. Peabody folks folks please enjoy this. This is a very special time for y'all and I am happy for Y'all.  Gibson county sometimes gets a bad name but we are some pretty good folk. ( minus BPM he eats cat turds and sniffs roaches )

What about next year Peabody??? Can it be a 3 time Gold ball run?

We have some athletes returning and I like our chances against the region next season. We shall see, I would love to do it again but it’ll be really hard. For now we will love on number 2 until spring ball stars lol

2 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Swafford was the best player on Meigs team for sure. But he was not the best player on that field today. My biggest take away was Meigs defense. Early this week some Meigs posters got their panties in a wad cause someone specifically said that Meigs defense has no weakness. & when I questioned how they gave up 27 to South Pitt, all I got was flack. But I saw plenty of weakness in that 2nd half. Peabody mowed over them & Meigs never had a chance when the Tide got going. Peabody held them to only 30 yards total offense in the 2nd half. 

If Peabody don't make mistakes in 1st half , we win by 4 tds.  Credit Meigs for helping us stop ourselves

Where are the haters.  Eat that crow Forrest.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

If Peabody don't make mistakes in 1st half , we win by 4 tds.  Credit Meigs for helping us stop ourselves

Where are the haters.  Eat that crow Forrest.   

Won’t be here lol. I used my same approach to this game last year on this site this year, I barely posted didn’t check this half the days because guys liked Forest trolled and stirred the pot and talked bad about us and our schedule.. just blah blah blah nonsense. Champs, take it to the bank, eat the crow. 

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Can’t argue that.. they won the state championship today.. I also believe that there was only one poster on the T that argued about the weakness of your schedule. Everyone else said you were the next up and coming LSU Tigers!

Yes there was plenty saying we had a weak schedule and weren’t that good. Guess what none of them are on here commenting now