2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

26 minutes ago, Goldentidefanatic said:

Team sports are an interesting thing. Thru the years of being married "20" to be exact my spouse has always been a uber competitive person, in all walks ,even at church " lord bless him" But something he said to me as we was squished up against a trash can at the semi final game shocked me !!  He and I quote says , Ya know every aspect of tonight doesnt happen unless the team shows up to win, the fans show up to cheer , the band shows up to play , the cheerleaders show up and cheer ! So I asked him why??? What does that habe to do with a game of football... Its at that point I realized how much he loves our school our town he loomed me dead in the eyes and said this is trentons band trentons team trentons cheerleaders and we are family ! I get it . I see this is small town USA and we are blessed !! You can love or hate my hubby but I understood him better that moment than I ever have. Amd heres a pic of part of the Trenton Family

FB_IMG_1575577654950.jpg

42 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

How far can you guys kick a field goal ? 

Are you serious. We have not tried one in years and we won't anytime soon. We will also be going for 2 everytime we score. We kick extra points for fun sometimes when we are up big. It's an adventure.  

Even the kickoff is fun to watch because you got no clue were its going.

Just now, Tiger2 said:

Are you serious. We have not tried one in years and we won't anytime soon. We will also be going for 2 everytime we score. We kick extra points for fun sometimes when we are up big. It's an adventure.  

With Swafford,heck I would try for 2 every durn time ...

1 minute ago, Tiger2 said:

Lol again... lol

4 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Yes we kick field goals. If we get inside the 30 and get stopped we are scoring no matter what. I wouldn’t be proud of not kicking field goals that can get you beat. It got fairley beat 

Just now, Tide21 said:

Yes we kick field goals. If we get inside the 30 and get stopped we are scoring no matter what. I wouldn’t be proud of not kicking field goals that can get you beat. It got fairley beat 

Dont remember getting stopped inside the 30 hardly ever. Normally if we make it that far its money.

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

We are not proud of it. Believe me. We lost to TC last year 32 to 29 and had it less than 5 in 4th qtr and goal and went for it. Guess what happened.  

We just have never had kickers, never worked to develop kickers, dont even know how to kick. It looks like they could find a tutorial on YouTube. 

We did have an exchange student 20 or 30 years ago. He might be the only one ever to kick a field goal.

Just joking. We have made one or two since then.

9 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

We are not proud of it. Believe me. We lost to TC last year 32 to 29 and had it less than 5 in 4th qtr and goal and went for it. Guess what happened.  

We just have never had kickers, never worked to develop kickers, dont even know how to kick. It looks like they could find a tutorial on YouTube. 

We did have an exchange student 20 or 30 years ago. He might be the only one ever to kick a field goal.

Just joking. We have made one or two since then.

You tube tutorial that’s funny