Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

In 2015 Pearl-Cohn was 10-4 when they got to Cookeville.  In 2019 they are 14-0.  There are a lot of people on here comparing Pearl-Cohn to the team from a few years ago.  Didn't Pearl-Cohn beat MBA earlier this season?  MBA is playing for the Division II Class AAA State Championship next weekend.  They beat Cane Ridge this year and scored more points against Cane Ridge than anyone (including Ravenwood twice).  

6 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

In 2015 Pearl-Cohn was 10-4 when they got to Cookeville.  In 2019 they are 14-0.  There are a lot of people on here comparing Pearl-Cohn to the team from a few years ago.  Didn't Pearl-Cohn beat MBA earlier this season?  MBA is playing for the Division II Class AAA State Championship next weekend.  They beat Cane Ridge this year and scored more points against Cane Ridge than anyone (including Ravenwood twice).  

Yes they did. Early in the season. That is why I thought they would have a chance to beat Alcoa but I think Nov/Dec weather brings PC down a notch. They underachieve almost every year and even though they are in the championship this year, they aren’t as dominant as they should be with their talent level. We will see. That is why they play the game.

19 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Yes they did. Early in the season. That is why I thought they would have a chance to beat Alcoa but I think Nov/Dec weather brings PC down a notch. They underachieve almost every year and even though they are in the championship this year, they aren’t as dominant as they should be with their talent level. We will see. That is why they play the game.

We don't care about dominating teams! All we care about is winning the game, wheather it's by 1 point or 35 points doesn't matter to us. Survive and advance been our whole focus in this playoff run. Ugly or pretty we'll take the win either way! 

2 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

We don't care about dominating teams! All we care about is winning the game, wheather it's by 1 point or 35 points doesn't matter to us. Survive and advance been our whole focus in this playoff run. Ugly or pretty we'll take the win either way! 

They complained about Pearl not getting past the second round. Then they complain about them not getting past the semi finals. And now this Pearl team is undefeated and going to the championship game and their not dominant and underachieving. What more do they want !?!? :lol::lol:

37 minutes ago, Nextoneup said:

They complained about Pearl not getting past the second round. Then they complain about them not getting past the semi finals. And now this Pearl team is undefeated and going to the championship game and their not dominant and underachieving. What more do they want !?!? :lol::lol:

Don't forget about the cold weather complain...lol, I guess they want 56-0 playoff victories. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I don’t care either. It’s been a good run. Rip

56 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I think Pearl Cohn will play Alcoa much tougher than other 3A teams have done.  Having said that I think Alcoa wins. Their defense is really good.  

Covington out gained PC by 160 yards and had twice as many first downs. I don’t think Alcoa will have much trouble. And yes I know the only thing that matters is final score.