Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

9 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Lots of chatter on social media from other schools in East TN about wanting Alcoa to bump up to 5a or 6a, despite tssaa rules, because they don't think Alcoa has enough competition.  They obviously haven't seen PC on tape. 

3A is strong. Last year as well. 2018 upperman and Covington would have beaten 70% of 6a schools. AE would have beaten 50%.

Look what PC has done this year, All of middle TN thinks Alcoa will lose this game. 

And I would say that all of East Tn thinks Alcoa will win. Alcoa not only beat quality teams like Blackman, Dobyns-Bennett, GP, AE and Loudon, Alcoa dominated them. Dominated isn't even the right word I would use to describe what they did to my Redskins. 

18 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Lots of chatter on social media from other schools in East TN about wanting Alcoa to bump up to 5a or 6a, despite tssaa rules, because they don't think Alcoa has enough competition.  They obviously haven't seen PC on tape. 

3A is strong. Last year as well. 2018 upperman and Covington would have beaten 70% of 6a schools. AE would have beaten 50%.

Look what PC has done this year, All of middle TN thinks Alcoa will lose this game. 

That's that everybody wants a trophy  mentality. I can understand why some East TN schools are mad but being in middle where most teams had privates in there districts a few years ago it's no biggie. Cpa was killing everyone in basketball and football but everybody was up to the challenge of knocking them off. Also if you look it's the same folks who wanted the private public split. Few years from now they will be pushing the rural/city split. They are also the reason why we have some many classes. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 10Redskin said:

And I would say that all of East Tn thinks Alcoa will win. Alcoa not only beat quality teams like Blackman, Dobyns-Bennett, GP, AE and Loudon, Alcoa dominated them. Dominated isn't even the right word I would use to describe what they did to my Redskins. 

Right. I normally go for the teams coming from middle and west tn in the championship games.

54 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

That's that everybody wants a trophy  mentality. I can understand why some East TN schools are mad but being in middle where most teams had privates in there districts a few years ago it's no biggie. Cpa was killing everyone in basketball and football but everybody was up to the challenge of knocking them off. Also if you look it's the same folks who wanted the private public split. Few years from now they will be pushing the rural/city split. They are also the reason why we have some many classes. 

Seems reasonable to me.  PC and MBA were in the SAME district years ago!  With open zones in metropolitan areas, I can see the rural argument coming.  But I can also remember Dickson County dominating in that era.

The interesting thing to me is if the city vs rural discussion happens, where does Blount county fall?  To my fellow middle TN folks, don’t fall into the trap of thinking these people are dumb small town country folks.  Highly educated folks with good jobs.  I see Blount county as a mix of Williamson and Rutherford County.  I don’t care how bad they misspell words on purpose!:roflolk:

Don’t sleep on BC!

35 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

Seems reasonable to me.  PC and MBA were in the SAME district years ago!  With open zones in metropolitan areas, I can see the rural argument coming.  But I can also remember Dickson County dominating in that era.

The interesting thing to me is if the city vs rural discussion happens, where does Blount county fall?  To my fellow middle TN folks, don’t fall into the trap of thinking these people are dumb small town country folks.  Highly educated folks with good jobs.  I see Blount county as a mix of Williamson and Rutherford County.  I don’t care how bad they misspell words on purpose!:roflolk:

Don’t sleep on BC!

Just keep this guy away from East TN please....:lol: We take pride in education and good jobs! :thumb:

F51-FFF15-A212-4-BB9-8-A63-722-D15512-AB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rrrrrrr said:

It must be Christmas time, you are a Ho Ho Ho. That's real petty to put something like that in the air.

MaxP website has # 22 from PC listed as player on Last years Beech roster. Question is if it was done legally. I don’t think Alcoa will care either way. 

Edited by FBforLife
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PurplePanther said:

Don’t sleep on BC!

Hey I'm not that old but I do remember the county schools whooping butt and taking names. Hey I stay out of East Tn Politics lol  meddling is worser than stealing lol. From my eyes Alcoa would be rural right?  Any county with 3 or less High schools?