Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

6 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Hey I'm not that old but I do remember the county schools whooping butt and taking names. Hey I stay out of East Tn Politics lol  meddling is worser than stealing lol. From my eyes Alcoa would be rural right?  Any county with 3 or less High schools? 

IMO Blount is a suburb.  Drive from Alcoa HS to Neyland stadium is 14 miles.  Riverdale  & Oakland are 30+ miles from Titan stadium and I don’t consider Murfreesboro rural either.  BC has facilities and support which will draw the ire of programs that I truly believe are rural.  I don’t know him personally, but don’t think Rankin left the area to find himself as he wandered through the woods.  He knew the situation/benefits of going to Alcoa.

1 hour ago, FBforLife said:

MaxP website has # 22 from PC listed as player on Last years Beech roster. Question is if it was done legally. I don’t think Alcoa will care either way. 

Nope, With PC's wins, especially against MBA ,Indy and great playoff teams, Giles County and Covington; they earned the right to be playing for a Championship!:thumb:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

IMO Blount is a suburb.  Drive from Alcoa HS to Neyland stadium is 14 miles.  Riverdale  & Oakland are 30+ miles from Titan stadium and I don’t consider Murfreesboro rural either.  BC has facilities and support which will draw the ire of programs that I truly believe are rural.  I don’t know him personally, but don’t think Rankin left the area to find himself as he wandered through the woods.  He knew the situation/benefits of going to Alcoa.

Agree with you 100% top to bottom

48 minutes ago, eers said:

:popcorneater:

Do what you do coach. We have kids who left went to hillsboro,Hillwood,Austin East,Gallatin,NorthEast and we wish them the best. This is the championship week and its either you with us or against us. No negative vibes. Best wishes to u and beech. Dont let that glass house crack

Edited by FBfan26

This is one of those games where it's hard for me to imagine either team losing. Someone obviously will. 

Pearl has been underdogs on several occasions this year and answered the bell every time. They'll play with Alcoa in my opinion but need a couple lucky bounces to go their way in order to pull off the W. 

Hoping both teams bring their A-game so we can see a war!

• Thanks 1

This game won’t be close . Good season PC but I think Alcoa will be too much . PC was heavy run vs Covington and everyone else and that won’t fly vs Alcoa. The talent is even so the game will go to the best preparation and better coaching and that edge will always go to Alcoa. No hate but that’s my opinion.  They haven’t seen a team and staff like this all year. CR had players missing , HB was terrible , East hasn’t had a coach since Spears and Wilson retired , MBA isnt like the old MBA I know they are still playing but this team is nothing like the previous years, Indy was down as well . They picked a good year to schedule those teams 

Rumors of PC have been flying around all year about ineligible players but that shipped has sailed they are in the championship now so why bring it up now.