Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

2 hours ago, District12AA said:

Teams out West would better be served playing in 4A than 3A at the present time. If a team like Springfield can make it to Cookeville. There are at least 5 3A teams from the West this year that would have beaten Springfield.

D12AA, which 5? Obviously you're gonna say PC and Covington. Who are the other 3 you think would beat Springfield this yr? Btw, this yr as in August or September, dont count the same as beating them in November. Good Luck Firebirds!

2 hours ago, District12AA said:

Teams out West would better be served playing in 4A than 3A at the present time. If a team like Springfield can make it to Cookeville. There are at least 5 3A teams from the West this year that would have beaten Springfield.

Well you know what they say about opinions.....everybody has one and they all stink, including your’s. How’s the hard wood this time of year....

40 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

D12AA, which 5? Obviously you're gonna say PC and Covington. Who are the other 3 you think would beat Springfield this yr? Btw, this yr as in August or September, dont count the same as beating them in November. Good Luck Firebirds!

Pearl 

Covington

South Gibson

Giles Co.

Stratford

Possibly Milan and Fairview this year.

We played Springfield this year so I am well aware of what they bring to the table. 3A in the West is significantly stronger than 4a

6 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Pearl 

Covington

South Gibson

Giles Co.

Stratford

We played Springfield this year so I am well aware of what they bring to the table. 3A in the West is significantly stronger than 4a

I apologize in advance Firebird fans and Goons, but who's we? PC and Covington, ok, possibly. I didnt see SG play this yr. Giles Co probably not, Stratford, NOPE. You would have had a MUCH better argument with EN than either of the your last 2 or your 2 "possibles". EN has all the talent in the world but just cant get beat PC. Good Luck Firebirds and Yellow Jackets!!! 

7 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Pearl 

Covington

South Gibson

Giles Co.

Stratford

First things first. It’s a 4 year cycle, it’s impossible to know on a year to year basis what side of the bracket is going to be up or down. If you knew that, you need to be picking lotto numbers on the regular, you’d be rich in no time. Second, in your logic, since your team beat Springfield they would’ve run the tables in the west side of 4A. Instead they got put out by a team that they beat the first time they played them by the same margin they beat Springfield by. Yeah, real sound logic there hoss.

6 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

I apologize in advance Firebird fans and Goons, but who's we? PC and Covington, ok, possibly. I didnt see SG play this yr. Giles Co probably not, Stratford, NOPE. You would have had a MUCH better argument with EN than either of the your last 2 or your 2 "possibles". EN has all the talent in the world but just cant get beat PC. Good Luck Firebirds and Yellow Jackets!!! 

The “we” he’s referring too is Marshall county. And sorry not trying to hijack yalls thread

Edited by Poundtherock23

9 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

I am confident. Springfield has benefitted from a watered down 4a west side of the bracket. It is what it is they won the geographic lottery. Wish Marshall's region would have been sent West. We would have a couple of silver balls in the trophy case. All the mid-state teams I listed we have played or scrimmaged the last 4 years. I am more than knowledgable on their abilities and how they would match up against Springfield.

Edited by District12AA

23 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

East Nashville couldn't even beat Stratford. I think Stratford would end up beating Springfield myself. 

4 minutes ago, Nextoneup said:

East Nashville couldn't even beat Stratford. I think Stratford would end up beating Springfield myself. 

Rivalry game is your answer to the EN/Stratford game! The Stratford that got beat by GC in the playoffs (I went and watched that crap firsthand and wished I would've went to watch a dozen other games) ain't coming within 3TD's of Springfield. 

27 minutes ago, District12AA said:

I am confident. Springfield has benefitted from a watered down 4a west side of the bracket. It is what it is they won the geographic lottery. Wish Marshall's region would have been sent West. We would have a couple of silver balls in the trophy case. All the mid-state teams I listed we have played or scrimmaged the last 4 years. I am more than knowledgable on their abilities and how they would match up against Springfield.

Y'all (MC) had a good regular season and beat us pretty good at our place but for whatever reason got beat by a team(DeKalb Co) who wasnt nearly as good as yall, IMO. They were on that night and that's it, but thats all it had to be. Your team should have played Nolensville in the quarters but... After yall beat us, our kids turned the corner. We lost one more game (to Mont Cent) 13-10 in the mud when their 270lb RB had like 53 carries. Their coaches couldn't have ordered a better set of circumstances for that game. After that, we've beaten everyone weve played including Hardin Co and Haywood. 

Like I said, there is a big difference in a beating a team early/midway thru the yr and beating them late in the season. Virtually every good team keeps improving throughout the year, they dont stay where they are. If they do, their basketball season starts earlier than it should.

The last 4 yrs mean absolutely 0 when trying to compare teams from this season. Heck, some teams aren't nowhere near where they'll be by THIS seasons end.

Ask Henry Co how watered down Haywood was this yr.

I know you're upset abt what could have been, but the GC, Milan, Fairview, Stratford AND Marshall County Tiger teams that played their last games this season DONT beat the Springfield team that beat Haywood last week. Good Luck Firebirds!!! Sorry abt the long reply and wrong thread

4 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

Y'all (MC) had a good regular season and beat us pretty good at our place but for whatever reason got beat by a team(DeKalb Co) who wasnt nearly as good as yall, IMO. They were on that night and that's it, but thats all it had to be. Your team should have played Nolensville in the quarters but... After yall beat us, our kids turned the corner. We lost one more game (to Mont Cent) 13-10 in the mud when their 270lb RB had like 53 carries. Their coaches couldn't have ordered a better set of circumstances for that game. After that, we've beaten everyone weve played including Hardin Co and Haywood. 

Like I said, there is a big difference in a beating a team early/midway thru the yr and beating them late in the season. Virtually every good team keeps improving throughout the year, they dont stay where they are. If they do, their basketball season starts earlier than it should.

The last 4 yrs mean absolutely 0 when trying to compare teams from this season. Heck, some teams aren't nowhere near where they'll be by THIS seasons end.

Ask Henry Co how watered down Haywood was this yr.

I know you're upset abt what could have been, but the GC, Milan, Fairview, Stratford AND Marshall County Tiger teams that played their last games this season DONT beat the Springfield team that beat Haywood last week. Good Luck Firebirds!!! Sorry abt the long reply and wrong thread

Y'all cool no need to apologize for standing up for your team. Trust me fb26 and myself would do the same. But y'all play who's in front of y'all don't worry about the what if. Good luck in Cookeville!!!