Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

2 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

Rivalry game is your answer to the EN/Stratford game! The Stratford that got beat by GC in the playoffs (I went and watched that crap firsthand and wished I would've went to watch a dozen other games) ain't coming within 3TD's of Springfield. 

Agree to disagree. 

4 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

First things first. It’s a 4 year cycle, it’s impossible to know on a year to year basis what side of the bracket is going to be up or down. If you knew that, you need to be picking lotto numbers on the regular, you’d be rich in no time. Second, in your logic, since your team beat Springfield they would’ve run the tables in the west side of 4A. Instead they got put out by a team that they beat the first time they played them by the same margin they beat Springfield by. Yeah, real sound logic there hoss.

Just to clear things up. MC beat Springfield 42-12. MC beat Nolensville 30-14. MC lead the game 30-0 with 5 mins left in the 4th. MC got put out by DeKalb in the second round because they played extremely undisciplined football. Doing that in the playoff will get you beat 99% of the time. Springfield is no doubt better than their showing in week 4 against MC in my opinion.  I do however thing that Giles county would give Springfield a good game. With that being said, I'm pulling for the Jackets in the ship.

4 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

Just to clear things up. MC beat Springfield 42-12. MC beat Nolensville 30-14. MC lead the game 30-0 with 5 mins left in the 4th. MC got put out by DeKalb in the second round because they played extremely undisciplined football. Doing that in the playoff will get you beat 99% of the time. Springfield is no doubt better than their showing in week 4 against MC in my opinion.  I do however thing that Giles county would give Springfield a good game. With that being said, I'm pulling for the Jackets in the ship.

I’m no way downing MC at all. I have much respect for yalls program and said as much when they beat the Jackets. It just ticks me off when people make comments that are irrelevant. Thanks again Lead for the support.

14 hours ago, District12AA said:

Teams out West would better be served playing in 4A than 3A at the present time. If a team like Springfield can make it to Cookeville. There are at least 5 3A teams from the West this year that would have beaten Springfield.

Let me start by saying shout out to the Springfield faithful. They always showing support on CoachT and we try to do the same. As far as 4a I remember when we moved up alot of folks was saying we where running from Alcoa and that 4a was weak.  One thing I can say about 3a is the we have alot more athletes and probably deeper. I think 3a top 10 could give 1a-D2 a run for there money.

Edited by FBfan26

1 hour ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I’m no way downing MC at all. I have much respect for yalls program and said as much when they beat the Jackets. It just ticks me off when people make comments that are irrelevant. Thanks again Lead for the support.

No problem man. I know what you are saying. Nothing but respect for Springfield. 

Just now, leadfarmer said:

Probably so or Maplewood could go to region 5 and PC could end up going to region 4. That would make things interesting. 

Right but normally they keep metro schools together. We never understood how Springfield goes West and Maplewood goes East. Even though maplewood won the district last year they want out that district badly. I cant remember the last time middle tn went East

1 minute ago, FBfan26 said:

Right but normally they keep metro schools together. We never understood how Springfield goes West and Maplewood goes East. Even though maplewood won the district last year they want out that district badly. I cant remember the last time middle tn went East

This next reclassification could shake things up a little with all the new schools popping up in the Nashville area.  Nolensville will probably be in 5 or 6A. We lost page out of the 4A class due to enrollment and now Nolensville will be moving up. I wonder what team will be coming to region 4 4A? I suspect Giles County may be moving back up and will be back in region 4.

• Upvote 1