Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

1 minute ago, leadfarmer said:

This next reclassification could shake things up a little with all the new schools popping up in the Nashville area.  Nolensville will probably be in 5 or 6A. We lost page out of the 4A class due to enrollment and now Nolensville will be moving up. I wonder what team will be coming to region 4 4A? I suspect Giles County may be moving back up and will be back in region 4.

Yea I totally understood why Giles wanted out. With Republic joining the district that gives them more ammo to go back but the problem is I'm hearing republic is on it's way to being 4a.

2 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Yea I totally understood why Giles wanted out. With Republic joining the district that gives them more ammo to go back but the problem is I'm hearing republic is on it's way to being 4a.

Its gonna be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

38 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Right but normally they keep metro schools together. We never understood how Springfield goes West and Maplewood goes East. Even though maplewood won the district last year they want out that district badly. I cant remember the last time middle tn went East

FB26, Maplewood is in Reg 4 and Springfield is in Reg 5. Regions 1-4 are east and Regions 5-8 are west. Most schools in regions 1-4 are east of I-65(Maplewood)and most schools in regions 5-8 are west of I-65(Springfield). However, there are a few schools that this I-65 rule dont apply to (White House and portland are the ones close to me that I know of) but they are within a couple miles of the interstate and the majority of region 5 is west of I-65, same as most of region 4 is east of I-65.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

FB26, Maplewood is in Reg 4 and Springfield is in Reg 5. Regions 1-4 are east and Regions 5-8 are west. Most schools in regions 1-4 are east of I-65(Maplewood)and most schools in regions 5-8 are west of I-65(Springfield). However, there are a few schools that this I-65 rule dont apply to (White House and portland are the ones close to me that I know of) but they are within a couple miles of the interstate and the majority of region 5 is west of I-65, same as most of region 4 is east of I-65.

Middle TN problems lol

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

To me the biggest reason Giles needs out is because all the other teams in Region 5 are 70 miles away in Nashville.  It's also killing Giles football revenue because Pearl, Republic, Whites Creek, East, and Stratford travel poorly.  We drove to Nashville 5 times this year during regular season and playoffs.  It's too far away and makes no sense from a rivalry standpoint.  TSSAA has pretty much killed longstanding rivalry games with the constant realignment of the regions.  Giles is on the Alabama state line and playing in a Nashville Region, which makes no sense. 

• Upvote 1

#1, #3, #7 come to mind. 

#3 is crazy fast and quick, but very small.  Runs very hard and keeps churning.  Low center of gravity keeps him on his feet.  He'll get away from average tackling without much trouble.  Alcoa will need to play the gaps well to stop him up the middle and string the sweeps all the way to sideline or he will turn the corner.  

#7 plays WR and can get open if the QB can get him the ball.  UT offered him a couple of weeks ago.  

#1 is just a good player and fast enough. 

I expect Alcoa to win but to me the more interesting match ups to me will be along the line of scrimmage.  I'm interested to see how well Pearl plays against what I expect to be very good O and D lines for Alcoa. 

Edited by LCgrad
Added comment