Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

4 hours ago, pepvol said:

Congrats to Alcoa & the Goons ! Never gets old !

Best of Luck to the Maryville Rebels!:thumb:

It's been great showing the state of Tennessee where the absolute best football comes from! And, it's within a 5 mile radius!:thumb:

What these two teams do year in and year out is mind boggling! But, I'm loving the ride!B)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

this is an ugly mismatch. Pearl Cohn would lose to the top 4 teams in 1A (Greenback, South Pitt, Lake County, Huntingdon) and the top 4 teams in 2A (Forrest, Peabody, Meigs, Trousdale)

No. Loudon dog whipped Greenback, Alcoa beat Loudon 56-0. Pearl Cohn would boat race ALL of 1A and 2A. They beat MBA. Enough said, they are a great team.

• Like 2

Some of the comments on this thread are insane.  Pearl-Cohn beat MBA, Cane Ridge, Hillsboro, Independence, Covington, Stratford, East Nashville (twice), and Giles County (twice).  

They would have beaten 1A and 2A schools decisively.  They would have beaten Loudon as well.  They would have beaten Austin-East as well.  

They were deserving of getting there and just lost to a better football team that’s extremely well coached and executed flawlessly in the 1st Half.  It doesn’t instantly make them “terrible” by any means.  

7 minutes ago, Deion24 said:

Any update on the quarterback? Hope he is ok. 

Popped it back in place.  Doctor said there’s no ligament damage.  He’s going to be fine.  It looked much more graphic than what it wound up being honestly.  He’s only a junior so since there is no ligament damage he will be able to play his senior season.  That is great news.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Popped it back in place.  Doctor said there’s no ligament damage.  He’s going to be fine.  It looked much more graphic than what it wound up being honestly.  He’s only a junior so since there is no ligament damage he will be able to play his senior season.  That is great news.  

It looked bad on tv. I thought it was broken and turned around. Great news.

12 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

:thumb: Awesome news

• Like 1

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Some of the comments on this thread are insane.  Pearl-Cohn beat MBA, Cane Ridge, Hillsboro, Independence, Covington, Stratford, East Nashville (twice), and Giles County (twice).  

They would have beaten 1A and 2A schools decisively.  They would have beaten Loudon as well.  They would have beaten Austin-East as well.  

They were deserving of getting there and just lost to a better football team that’s extremely well coached and executed flawlessly in the 1st Half.  It doesn’t instantly make them “terrible” by any means.  

That right there proves how great of a team Alcoa is.  Alcoa is one of the best teams in the state  in any classification.  Alcoa and Oakland are the best teams Maryville played so far.  I expect Ravenwood to be tough as nails also. 

36 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

That right there proves how great of a team Alcoa is.  Alcoa is one of the best teams in the state  in any classification.  Alcoa and Oakland are the best teams Maryville played so far.  I expect Ravenwood to be tough as nails also. 

I have watched Ravenwood a few times this year. They are a good team but would expect Maryville to win this game. 

6 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Best of Luck to the Maryville Rebels!:thumb:

It's been great showing the state of Tennessee where the absolute best football comes from! And, it's within a 5 mile radius!:thumb:

What these two teams do year in and year out is mind boggling! But, I'm loving the ride!B)

Thanks BC , was really hoping Greenback could pull it out too ... What Maryville and Alcoa BOTH have done just these past 20 years is absolutely AMAZING ! I remember 1997 when Maryville also played Pearl Cohn , which of course didn't end so well for us ( BIG JOHN ) , and just being so Happy to be back in the State finals again after so many years .... never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that Maryville AND Alcoa ... would BOTH go on this Amazing ride TOGETHER !!