Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

3 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Popped it back in place.  Doctor said there’s no ligament damage.  He’s going to be fine.  It looked much more graphic than what it wound up being honestly.  He’s only a junior so since there is no ligament damage he will be able to play his senior season.  That is great news.  

That is GREAT NEWS ! Boy it looked bad on TV ... benefits of being young and Athletic I guess , my leg would have been Ripped off ! LOL 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Crow you're as classy as they come, wish others within you fan base was.

Thanks, I try to be as real as possible. Alcoa is pound for pound the best program in Tennessee history. The Alcoa players are never disrespectful on the field either which is even more amazing than your winning streak. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Congrats to Alcoa on another gold ball. I hope your trophy case is very, very large because I don't see anyone threatening you anytime soon. Completely dominant in every phase of the game. Wow.

Keep your chin up PC. Theres no shame in silver. Congrats on a very special season. :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, pepvol said:

Thanks BC , was really hoping Greenback could pull it out too ... What Maryville and Alcoa BOTH have done just these past 20 years is absolutely AMAZING ! I remember 1997 when Maryville also played Pearl Cohn , which of course didn't end so well for us ( BIG JOHN ) , and just being so Happy to be back in the State finals again after so many years .... never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that Maryville AND Alcoa ... would BOTH go on this Amazing ride TOGETHER !! 

No doubt, we have been blessed!B)

On 12/6/2019 at 6:30 PM, UCSportsFan said:

When they realign next year every school that’s in 3A should move to 4A. Just let Alcoa play inner squad games and then the one game against Maryville. 3A isn’t even a challenge anymore for Alcoa. Why would you continue to play at this level?  What more does Rankin and Alcoa have to prove in 3A?  Before anyone goes crazy here I’m not putting down Alcoa. They are clearly the best program in 3A and deserve all the accolades they get but at some point don’t you need to move up and challenge your coaches and players?  What does this make it 18 or 19 state championships?  From what the announcer is saying on TV Alcoa is loaded with mostly juniors and sophomores. I mean no one even gives Alcoa a game all year long except Maryville. Why not move up to 5A where you’re challenged half the time. Alcoa can not only compete at that level they can win. If I’m a school administrator I’m moving my football team out of 3A because there’s no beating this program. Rankin has built a dynasty in Alcoa and that’s a great accomplishment. Hats off to this program and congratulations on yet another state championship. 

tssaa will only allow a school to move up 1 class. Alcoa thought about moving up to 4a a few years ago and all the knox area 4a teams bumped to 5a to avoid Alcoa. lets say Alcoa could move up to 5a. what happens if a few yrs from now if  Alcoa is good enough to win in 3a but lose in the playoffs in 5a? Is that fair to the kids that could have been state champions but get denied because adults have hurt feelings and want less deserving trams to win trophies?

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2019 at 6:50 PM, FBfan26 said:

Congratulations to yall man!

On 12/6/2019 at 6:22 PM, FIREBIRD80 said:

Best team we have played all year. Alcoa defense is on another level. Great football team. Now for Pearl Cohn regroup learning experience mostly sophomore and Junior's. We'll back to Cookeville next year!!!

Thanks guys. much appreciated! Congrats on a great season and your 1st ever win over MBA- that's a very big deal and huge accomplishment.

I did get tired of my mid TN friends talking about how Alcoa was scared of PC,  how we were going to get ran by and ran over, etc. and I will be responding to them. Some have already received text messages from me. lol

• Upvote 1