Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

57 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Most of the people are not Alcoa fans that are popping off. They come out of the woodwork this time of year. I think Alcoa respects P-C. I remember big John Henderson almost killing a Maryville running back on the frozen Vanderbilt "turf" in 1997. That game started a good run for MHS. I'll be watching this one.

I see and I can feel it. I guess when there's no fb left they have to squeeze in somewhere.  Far as alcoa it's a mutual respect. They are the rainning 3a champs for nothing. Coaching and kids do a heck of a job

I know this is a little off topic but I was going over some rosters and the first one I looked at was, of course, Covington. I must say, I got a little excited seeing a lot of familiar names returning next year and thinking a return to Cookeville may be in order. Then I looked at Pearl Cohn's roster and saw the amount of underclassman on that roster, not to mention, the main numbers (17, 7, 3) will all be returning. Now, I'm thinking that this is a State Championship type squad who will probably be favored next year. UNTIL I took a peak at Alcoa's roster and saw the UNGODLY amount of juniors and key players (Carroll, Saaunkey, ect) that will be returning next year and came to the conclusion that the rest of 3A might as well give them next year's Gold ball this weekend and take a year off...lol. Needless to say, 3A will be even tougher next year than this year and based off the play of all these young players on each of these teams should be really exciting and could probably challenge any squad from any division. 

Good luck to PC and Alcoa this Friday.....and, dang, I'm looking forward to the 2020 season already. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 00Chargers said:

I know this is a little off topic but I was going over some rosters and the first one I looked at was, of course, Covington. I must say, I got a little excited seeing a lot of familiar names returning next year and thinking a return to Cookeville may be in order. Then I looked at Pearl Cohn's roster and saw the amount of underclassman on that roster, not to mention, the main numbers (17, 7, 3) will all be returning. Now, I'm thinking that this is a State Championship type squad who will probably be favored next year. UNTIL I took a peak at Alcoa's roster and saw the UNGODLY amount of juniors and key players (Carroll, Saaunkey, ect) that will be returning next year and came to the conclusion that the rest of 3A might as well give them next year's Gold ball this weekend and take a year off...lol. Needless to say, 3A will be even tougher next year than this year and based off the play of all these young players on each of these teams should be really exciting and could probably challenge any squad from any division. 

Good luck to PC and Alcoa this Friday.....and, dang, I'm looking forward to the 2020 season already. 

Thanks! Should be a great game! Hoping it will be dry.......only cause I hate sitting it the rain.:huh:

2 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

Teams out West would better be served playing in 4A than 3A at the present time. If a team like Springfield can make it to Cookeville. There are at least 5 3A teams from the West this year that would have beaten Springfield.

• Upvote 1