Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

my thoughts on the game-

1st of all, hoping for a speedy recovery for Pcs QB.

Alcoas defense was dialed in and ready. D Starters gave up (I think) a total of 14 points  in 11 games vs 3a schools.

Alcoas O line is the best in the state. had 10 games with 6 different players scoring Tds.  Friday imposed their will, opened huge holes and pancaked PC defenders almost every play.

Alcoa kids out work everyone year round and it showed in the game.

PC has some talented kids. #3 can move.

Everyone forgets its usually a LOS game.

Grey Carroll was the best player in 3A this year. Should have been Mr. Football.  Let everyone know with his play in the first half. 

Although other schools skill players are constantly being hyped my media and internet, Sankey, Cox, etc are as good as, possibly better than any in the state in any division.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Thanks guys. much appreciated! Congrats on a great season and your 1st ever win over MBA- that's a very big deal and huge accomplishment.

I did get tired of my mid TN friends talking about how Alcoa was scared of PC,  how we were going to get ran by and ran over, etc. and I will be responding to them. Some have already received text messages from me. lol

Thanks! Even more respect for Alcoa after Thursday great football program. We'll see y'all next year tho!!!

21 hours ago, Swarm said:

Congrats to Alcoa on another gold ball. I hope your trophy case is very, very large because I don't see anyone threatening you anytime soon. Completely dominant in every phase of the game. Wow.

Keep your chin up PC. Theres no shame in silver. Congrats on a very special season. :thumb:

All facts about Alcoa!! For PC its nothing to be ashamed of, this team made history twice this year. First beating MBA then going 10-0, first time in school history. Proud of our guys!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80

13 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Much respect FB! Class!!! :thumb:

yes sir!

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Thanks! Even more respect for Alcoa after Thursday great football program. We'll see y'all next year tho!!!

Hope so. Look forward to meeting you guys. Ralphs donuts after the game on me, if you don't mind being seen eating with an Alcoa guy.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

1, 2, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 44, 45 were all underclassmen.  That's absolutely terrifying.  If Alcoa replaces a couple of linemen they will have a chance to go 15-0 and win yet another Gold Ball next season.  

18, 23, are underclassmen  starters well. Big RT 79 is a starter as a Freshman. 40 would have started for any other 3A team as soon. 6 will score his share of TDs next yr and Freshmen 9 and 30 are future All State players. Look for soph 77 to make a big jump on the oline. Hes a 6-5 soph.