3A reclassification - East Tennessee

rbullen57

41 minutes ago, Indian said:

Signal Mountain a few years back admitted it. Went to 4A. 

You would have to have a restart with no approvals affecting decisions.

We’re not talking about a few years back. We are talking about your hypothetical scenario. If they know it won’t be approved no one will admit it. They will claim one of those other reasons when they really are trying to avoid competition. Then how do you police it??  Like I said can of worms. 

6 hours ago, Indian said:

First post looked far too spread out in its region alignments. 

One thing which could help is for teams wanting to move up, voluntarily, having to have such moves approved. Avoiding competition wouldn't be approved, it would have to be for legitimate reasons-staying with old rivals, travel situations etc. 

To spread out?  150+ miles one way for Johnson County/Claiborne games. 

As for Alcoa it was hyperbole. The USSRTODAY and Knoxville News Senseless would not let one their pet schools slip away. LOL

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2019 at 5:11 PM, Turtle said:

AE isn’t scared to face Alcoa 2 times a year so don’t say no one want to play Alcoa .  Alcoa’s dynasty will eventually come to an end 

AE might not be scared of Alcoa, but they are defeated by Alcoa year in and year out.  Until AE beats Alcoa in a game that matters it DOESN'T matter.  Competing with Alcoa and beating Alcoa are totally different things.  Turtle, I know you are a #1 hater of the Tornadoes and I get it....those 18 championships gotta bug the crap out of so many teams.  Just stop with the rhetoric until y'all actually beat us.  The dynasty will eventually end, no doubt.  Think about this, though.  AE could win the next 16 straight state titles and only be tied with Alcoa.  The law of probability and common sense says y'all will never catch up to us.  Y'all are good, but several steps away from great.  Deal with it.   

I think 99% of Alcoa fans hope we move up to 4 or 5A.   Our team has proven they can compete at a higher level that the TSSAA mandated classification they are in right now.  We have won multiple championships in 1, 2 and 3A.  No reason to think a bump up in classification is gonna change that.  I'm not being cocky or talking crap, just stating facts.  

22 hours ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

AE might not be scared of Alcoa, but they are defeated by Alcoa year in and year out.  Until AE beats Alcoa in a game that matters it DOESN'T matter.  Competing with Alcoa and beating Alcoa are totally different things.  Turtle, I know you are a #1 hater of the Tornadoes and I get it....those 18 championships gotta bug the crap out of so many teams.  Just stop with the rhetoric until y'all actually beat us.  The dynasty will eventually end, no doubt.  Think about this, though.  AE could win the next 16 straight state titles and only be tied with Alcoa.  The law of probability and common sense says y'all will never catch up to us.  Y'all are good, but several steps away from great.  Deal with it.   

Why I got to be Alcoa’s  #1 Hater?  I don’t hate Alcoa , shoot I just don’t cheer for them Hahahaha !  all those championships means nothing in my eyes.  It’s just gonna make that WIN over Alcoa even sweeter when it happens .  Yes it’ll come in the playoffs .   

But can we say AE is the 2nd best team in 3A?  They’re the only 3A team that scored 28 points on the State Champs !!

22 hours ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

Think about this, though.  AE could win the next 16 straight state titles and only be tied with Alcoa.  The law of probability and common sense says y'all will never catch up to us.  Y'all are good, but several steps away from great!

Uh we would be up 1 not tied.  

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:27 AM, rbullen57 said:

3A-1 is probably the weakest region in the entire T$$AA Ponzi Scheme. North Greene voluntarily moved up to 3A because Cumberland Gap lack the intestinal fortitude to do so. They were 3 students shy of moving to 3A but they would not move. 
Elizabethton could move down to 3A but they are TCB in 4A right now. A 2021 alignment could see Claiborne and Cumberland Gap moving to 3A-2 and Betsy and possibly Happy Valley and/or South Greene following with North Greene going to 2A or 1A. 
A 3A-2 Gatlinburg Pittman, Pigeon Forge, Northview Academy, Claiborne, Cumberland Gap, perhaps Union County, Scott County and Austin East would make for a decent Conference. 
3A-1 would be West Greene, Chuckey Doak, South Greene, Unicoi County, Johnson County, Happy Valley and Elizabethton. 
3A-3 Alcoa, Loudon, Polk County, Sweetwater, Kingston, McMinn Central, Sequatchie County, and/or Scott or AE. 

Just curious what other folks think of it. It would a lot less travel miles for the teams and perhaps better competition and play. Until Alcoa is classified as DII or at least 5A no team in the current 3A alignment will get a chance a seeing the Blue Cross game. 

and for the record, I feel the T$$AA is the worst managed program for public policy (a private entity governing a situation. It is regatding a baseball player and his girlfriend. 

So just bump the Chattanooga teams that was originally in 3-3A first.....I don't see that happening.