5A Championship: Summit vs Knox Central

Bump11

46 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

oh yeah. next week central played Memphis East (who we played again in 2016 for state and lost) and we turned the ball over 5 times and barely lost. bad memories

I was there for that 2016 game.    Central kept lining up on offense with a mile between the linemen and the smaller East front line kept stuffing the RB's.       My buddy and I marveled that Central didn't line them up heel-to-heel, bring in 2 TE's and just power plow East into the ground.      Seriously, you could drive a bulldozer between Central's O-Line on that game.    Maybe that had worked all season for them and it was too late to change......

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I was there for that 2016 game.    Central kept lining up on offense with a mile between the linemen and the smaller East front line kept stuffing the RB's.       My buddy and I marveled that Central didn't line them up heel-to-heel, bring in 2 TE's and just power plow East into the ground.      Seriously, you could drive a bulldozer between Central's O-Line on that game.    Maybe that had worked all season for them and it was too late to change......

we did that most of the year. plus I think a lot of our players were kind of star struck and the moment caught up to them. however, if we are lucky enough to win it this year I hope we do what maryville, Alcoa, Fulton, ect. Does and puts up a banner on the scoreboard not stadium instead of the painting we have on our shed. lol

2 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

we did that most of the year. plus I think a lot of our players were kind of star struck and the moment caught up to them. however, if we are lucky enough to win it this year I hope we do what maryville, Alcoa, Fulton, ect. Does and puts up a banner on the scoreboard not stadium instead of the painting we have on our shed. lol

Idk Hatter, I think the artwork on the pump house is kinda cool. I would like a banner also but the painting is nice. On that 16 team, yeah the splits were way to far apart but I think more starstruck was the problem. Not to mention that RB East had. He’s now at the University of Memphis and has played some. He was the real deal. I’m looking to see how we look in practice later today before I say anything about tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Idk Hatter, I think the artwork on the pump house is kinda cool. I would like a banner also but the painting is nice. On that 16 team, yeah the splits were way to far apart but I think more starstruck was the problem. Not to mention that RB East had. He’s now at the University of Memphis and has played some. He was the real deal. I’m looking to see how we look in practice later today before I say anything about tomorrow.

I think it’s cool too but it leaves no room for added titles, not guaranteeing anything but central will probably win another in our lifetime hopefully. So I’d like to see them put banners up for everyone to see. just to show off this success especially recently.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, WoodlawnFalcons said:

Central has been the undersized team in the trenches in all but 1 or 2 games as well so I understand what you're saying. The defensive line utilizes their quickness and athleticism by slanting and moving gaps post snap most of the game. I think Summit is gonna have a lot of trouble trying to run the ball against this stingy Bobcats D. I would hate to be an offensive coordinator facing that defense right now. 

If they stop the twins who’ve already been offered by Kentucky as Sophomores that’s going to be really impressive 

55 minutes ago, Spartans1 said:

If they stop the twins who’ve already been offered by Kentucky as Sophomores that’s going to be really impressive 

They have faced 2 great back the last 2 weeks and did well against them.  Isaiah Mattress who is 6'1 200lb to 54 yards and the week before the 5a Mr. Football winner Elijah Young the #7 APB in the nation to 121 Yards.  Young is committed to Missouri but held offers from UT, KY, Arkansas, VT, Louisville, Miss. State, SC, Purdue, Etc. So they have seen great athletes just that good on D.

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

They have faced 2 great back the last 2 weeks and did well against them.  Isaiah Mattress who is 6'1 200lb to 54 yards and the week before the 5a Mr. Football winner Elijah Young the #7 APB in the nation to 121 Yards.  Young is committed to Missouri but held offers from UT, KY, Arkansas, VT, Louisville, Miss. State, SC, Purdue, Etc. So they have seen great athletes just that good on D.

No doubt Central is good, especially on D, but the issue is it’s not ONE. Young is phenomenal and I’m not saying either is better than he is. It’s a pick yournpison kind of thing right now with Summit though. It will be interesting to watch. 

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

I don’t think you understand the twins are different 6ft4 205 at QB and 6ft5 215 at running back both running 4.4 forty’s I’m sure they’ve gone against good players everyone does but these two are different if they stop them that’s really impressive 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

Not to mention you’re talking about a senior I’m talking about two sophomores who already hold an SEC offer and it won’t be their last SEC offers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spartans1 said:

Not to mention you’re talking about a senior I’m talking about two sophomores who already hold an SEC offer and it won’t be their last SEC offers

Not doubting they are good players but I’ve watched the film on them and neither of them are in the same universe skill wise as Elijah Young was for SD. It won’t be an easy task to stop them but if anyone can our Defense can. Biggest task for Summit May be to keep them there and not let them end up going to another school. Also as I stated previously, they won’t be the only Twins who star in this game...Trust me :thumb: