5A Championship: Summit vs Knox Central

Bump11

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Not saying Summit got lucky at all. I was saying 5A was wide open this year. Very competitive across the board. 

I think it would have been interesting to see Shelbyville against Central or even Gallatin. Hum o.k. what ever you say

You make it sound like Central was unbeatable but they lost twice and barely squeaked by Fulton. Shelbyville had a very good team as did Gallatin. You can say differently all you want but you can't get rid of Central's two losses. 

Congrats to both Central and Summit. Both had outstanding seasons and deserved to be in the championship. 

7 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

You make it sound like Central was unbeatable but they lost twice and barely squeaked by Fulton. Shelbyville had a very good team as did Gallatin. You can say differently all you want but you can't get rid of Central's two losses. 

Congrats to both Central and Summit. Both had outstanding seasons and deserved to be in the championship. 

Lol just reading what you said. Might want to read what you write. It’s called good coaching bottom line. I see Central being like Alcoa and Maryville well coached teams

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

It doesnt matter what you say to fans of teams from the east.. they think they are the only side that can play football  and in the west we just scratch our butts and pick our noses. The truth is Knoxville just has an easier time stacking teams and robbing..  I mean recruiting kids from other Knoxville teams. . They always say.... "but were allowed " it happened last year in clarksville and they had to forfeit 5 wins and they lost their playoff seed. Knoxville is just an open grab bag. Every one ends up going to powell ,west or central.  Where most of us normal teams live we watch kids from pop Warner all the way through high school. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, RollRed said:

It doesnt matter what you say to fans of teams from the east.. they think they are the only side that can play football  and in the west we just scratch our butts and pick our noses. The truth is Knoxville just has an easier time stacking teams and robbing..  I mean recruiting kids from other Knoxville teams. . They always say.... "but were allowed " it happened last year in clarksville and they had to forfeit 5 wins and they lost their playoff seed. Knoxville is just an open grab bag. Every one ends up going to powell ,west or central.  Where most of us normal teams live we watch kids from pop Warner all the way through high school. 

Lol here we go again recruiting. Every team in the state recruits don’t care what any body says. I could told you that about Powell and knew that was going to happen but Central coach is a great coach and knows how to get the most out of kids and play as a team. Team wins championship. Let’s get over the recruiting stuff

19 minutes ago, RollRed said:

I think after seeing these comments it’s time for me to chime in. First off, let me say I have the upmost respect for all the middle to west Tn teams. They don’t get  where they get by luck, they work just as hard as anyone and that includes Summit, Henry County, Dyer County, Gallatin, etc. Now as to this recruiting talk, I know what goes on at Powell but let me assure you NOBODY is being “recruited” to Central. We have a great youth program with quality coaches and I think our results the past couple seasons can be credited to our HS staff. Not sure but can’t say anything about West but I know how our program is run at Central. To the game last night, credit to Summit. They shut down our run game for the most part but we had a good gameplan and our passing attack came through. And as everyone saw, we have a pretty good defense at Central too :thumb:. Was Summit the best mid/west team? Maybe, maybe not but they were the Hottest team and that’s what ultimately matters. Whoever gets hot at the right time is always the key. Summit has a good future ahead with those two boys. I’ll celebrate for about another week, then prepare for the GRIND again next year. Go Bobcats!

Edited by chsbobcat09
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I think after seeing these comments it’s time for me to chime in. First off, let me say I have the upmost respect for all the middle to west Tn teams. They don’t where they get by luck, they work just as hard as anyone and that includes Summit, Henry County, Dyer County, Gallatin, etc. Now as to this recruiting talk, I know what goes on at Powell but let me assure you NOBODY is being “recruited” to Central. We have a great youth program with quality coaches and I think our results the past couple seasons can be credited to our HS staff. Not sure but can’t say anything about West but I know how our program is run at Central. To the game last night, credit to Summit. They shut down our run game for the most part but we had a good gameplan and our passing attack came through. And as everyone saw, we have a pretty good defense at Central too :thumb:. Was Summit the best mid/west team? Maybe, maybe not but they were the Hottest team and that’s what ultimately matters. Whoever gets hot at the right time is always the key. Summit has a good future ahead with those two boys. I’ll celebrate for about another week, then prepare for the GRIND again next year. Go Bobcats!

This all sparked up when folks from I can only guess west, said the championship game was last week that kind of discredits that young team from summit.  I admit I jumped the gun throwing central in the last conversation.. that's on me. Coach Rosser is the real deal and the word is kids respect and really love playing for him.. that's all you can ask for. A pair of gold balls is just icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I think after seeing these comments it’s time for me to chime in. First off, let me say I have the upmost respect for all the middle to west Tn teams. They don’t get  where they get by luck, they work just as hard as anyone and that includes Summit, Henry County, Dyer County, Gallatin, etc. Now as to this recruiting talk, I know what goes on at Powell but let me assure you NOBODY is being “recruited” to Central. We have a great youth program with quality coaches and I think our results the past couple seasons can be credited to our HS staff. Not sure but can’t say anything about West but I know how our program is run at Central. To the game last night, credit to Summit. They shut down our run game for the most part but we had a good gameplan and our passing attack came through. And as everyone saw, we have a pretty good defense at Central too :thumb:. Was Summit the best mid/west team? Maybe, maybe not but they were the Hottest team and that’s what ultimately matters. Whoever gets hot at the right time is always the key. Summit has a good future ahead with those two boys. I’ll celebrate for about another week, then prepare for the GRIND again next year. Go Bobcats!

I will 100% endorse this post.  Spot on!  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RollRed said:

Not even a summit fan. I dont have a dog in the race. Its has ZERO to do with if you dinggle barries think this team could beat that team. Its football anything can happen. Explain how ZERO 1 seeds made it to state or even the quarter finals. Like I said the best team in the west didn't  make it to state. Henry county matches up way better with the Knoxville teams. We've played them 3 times and won 2 of them.  We got comfortable in the playoffs in round 3 with a 24-7 lead at the half and got caught playing safty football.  And summit just barely won against that team . We beat them 48-14 in week 3. So anything can happen in the playoffs.  We went 9-14 last year against Knoxville central.  We would not have lost 7-30 like summit did. We may not have won. But we wouldn't have duced in the bed as bad summit did. There I said it .. Henry county was the best team out of the west this year.. 

Didn't Beech beat Henry County in the regular season and then lost on a truck play in playoffs?

Rollnoles since you are obviously a perfectionist I'll humor you and say I have read what I "typed." I didn't write anything. You seemed to be taking away from Summits great year. I even mentioned how wide open 5A was. As previously typed, Central lost twice in the regular season. I brought up Gallatin and Shelbyville. These are two teams that also lost twice. Shelbyville lost both games by a combined thirteen points. One of those games ended in controversy and arguably Shelbyville should have won. Gallatin lost to Beech and then Summit. Who knows what might have happened in the Summit game if all had gone as planned. Those that remember that game know that Summit showed just a tad bit late. 

Again congrats to both Central and Summit on fine seasons.