5A Championship: Summit vs Knox Central

Bump11

3 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Didn't Beech beat Henry County in the regular season and then lost on a truck play in playoffs?

We lost our 1st 2 games.  We started a freshman QB + didnt get our starting running back until week 3 and went undefeated after that until the playoffs.  And we lost to beach without him on a missed field goal.. we had DC 24-7 at the half and thought it was in the bag ... Coach Counce wint let it happen again.... not to a team like DC ..We have always beat them by 34+ points. 

On 12/7/2019 at 1:21 AM, RollRed said:

Blah blah blah.. summit wasnt the best team from the west. Take your shoulda couldas and wouldas to the bank and see what its worth.. I know you people think east Tennessee is the only place football is played. We all know the Knoxville teams get to take advantage of the open recruiting in Knoxville.  Here we have hard lines were 1 team cant just suck up all the talent in the area.  West, powell and SD all had their chance . They didn't make it... Summit did. 

One team sucked up all the talent?  What the heck are you talking about?

Powell went 12-1.

Central went 13-2

West went 12-1

South -Doyle went 9-4

Gibbs went 8-4

Halls went 7-4

Austin-East went 9-4 made the 1/4 finals and gave Alcoa their best game of the season.

Fulton went 3-8 but still beat Oak RIdge.

That doesn't even really get into the 6A schools.

Looks like football in Knoxville is just deeper.  Go someplace else with your silly deception.

13 minutes ago, guthook said:

One team sucked up all the talent?  What the heck are you talking about?

Powell went 12-1.

Central went 13-2

West went 12-1

South -Doyle went 9-4

Gibbs went 8-4

Halls went 7-4

Austin-East went 9-4 made the 1/4 finals and gave Alcoa their best game of the season.

Fulton went 3-8 but still beat Oak RIdge.

That doesn't even really get into the 6A schools.

Looks like football in Knoxville is just deeper.  Go someplace else with your silly deception.

I think Gibbs or Halls vs. Summit would have been very interesting.  Everyone above them on your list wins a match-up with summit by double digits.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, RollRed said:

It doesnt matter what you say to fans of teams from the east.. they think they are the only side that can play football  and in the west we just scratch our butts and pick our noses. The truth is Knoxville just has an easier time stacking teams and robbing..  I mean recruiting kids from other Knoxville teams. . They always say.... "but were allowed " it happened last year in clarksville and they had to forfeit 5 wins and they lost their playoff seed. Knoxville is just an open grab bag. Every one ends up going to powell ,west or central.  Where most of us normal teams live we watch kids from pop Warner all the way through high school.  

Didn't you know? The entire football world is centered around Neyland Stadium  :roll:

Come to think of it, wouldn't it be something if Knoxville/Knox County were like Paris/Henry County and every kid got to go to the same high school?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Didn't you know? The entire football world is centered around Neyland Stadium  :roll:

Come to think of it, wouldn't it be something if Knoxville/Knox County were like Paris/Henry County and every kid got to go to the same high school?

That could happen if Knox county had 32,000 people like Henry county. I don’t really think there’s a lot of correlation between his comment and yours. That said, there are several counties that have open zoning. 

I give Central much credit. They were very well coached and the truth is that may have been the difference in the game... and a lot of their season. Congratulations. Deserved. 

8 hours ago, eers said:

That could happen if Knox county had 32,000 people like Henry county. I don’t really think there’s a lot of correlation between his comment and yours. That said, there are several counties that have open zoning. 

It's called tongue in cheek.

Edited by osunut2

On 12/9/2019 at 8:54 AM, BeachHound said:

I think Gibbs or Halls vs. Summit would have been very interesting.  Everyone above them on your list wins a match-up with summit by double digits.

I think 6-6 Oak Ridge could beat Summit.  In the could a, should a, would a league.

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1