5A Championship: Summit vs Knox Central

Bump11

39 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

the oak ridge 2020 season thread almost has more replies than this one does. do those guys just have no lives and/or are obsessed with a mediocre team or does no one care about central football? just baffles me. go bobcats!

I think it’s a little bit of both. Majority fans on here from NET and East TN are Oak Ridge, Maryville, Alcoa, Greeneville, AC and Dobyns Bennett fans. Almost no Central fans. Surprised there aren’t more Summit/Mid Tn fans talking about this one. But hey, I’m here :thumb:. How ya been Hatter?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I think it’s a little bit of both. Majority fans on here from NET and East TN are Oak Ridge, Maryville, Alcoa, Greeneville, AC and Dobyns Bennett fans. Almost no Central fans. Surprised there aren’t more Summit/Mid Tn fans talking about this one. But hey, I’m here :thumb:. How ya been Hatter?

Central starting to build a little 5A dynasty.    Any chance you guys will drop to 4A next year?   haha

I think a lot of people are shocked that Central got back to the state after they lost as many players as they did to graduation. All we heard about all season was how strong Region 3-5A was and how no one in East TN could play with them. Sorta the way it's been for 4 years now. I'm not doubting the region's strength, they had some very good teams this year. But just because a team plays in a supposed weaker region, it doesn't mean that team isn't as good as the better teams in another region. I think what continues to get Central to this level each year is the coaching staff. Each year they weren't supposed to be as good as the previous year and each year they've been better than any one could expect. The kids love to play for Rosser and his staff and it shows. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Central starting to build a little 5A dynasty.    Any chance you guys will drop to 4A next year?   haha

That I’m not sure on Blazer, but probably not. If you want to call it a small dynasty, we’re just looking to compete for State titles every year. Thankfully we’ve been able to do that these last 3 years and now with another chance in year 4, we’re hoping to make the most of it. Like Coach Rosser says, enjoy this moment because you don’t know when you’ll be back, if you ever are. 

Reading the Summit threads sounds like they have got on a playoff roll, beating Gallatin was a big win, and Dyer County last week, which beat last years Central opponent, Henry County.  Sounds like they have two good young (sophomores) that also are brothers as running backs and apparently they are pounders. I would guess Summit will try to pound the rock, especially if the weather is bad since they may have a size advantage up front too.  Central needs to have a rerun of the West game, score early, play good defense and force three and outs...

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

I think a lot of people are shocked that Central got back to the state after they lost as many players as they did to graduation. All we heard about all season was how strong Region 3-5A was and how no one in East TN could play with them. Sorta the way it's been for 4 years now. I'm not doubting the region's strength, they had some very good teams this year. But just because a team plays in a supposed weaker region, it doesn't mean that team isn't as good as the better teams in another region. I think what continues to get Central to this level each year is the coaching staff. Each year they weren't supposed to be as good as the previous year and each year they've been better than any one could expect. The kids love to play for Rosser and his staff and it shows. 

You hit the nail on the head Dawg, it’s DEFINITELY the coaching staff. As you know, our staff is second to none in the amount of work that’s put in on a daily basis. People on the outside and people who aren’t around the program wouldn’t understand. Me being there most days, I see the work first hand. It’s actually quite astonishing if you know what your watching. Our staff works tirelessly and when the kids understand that, they’ll literally try to run through a brick wall for guys like that. That’s what separates Central from other schools, it’s not just a team or a school. It’s a Family 

2 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Reading the Summit threads sounds like they have got on a playoff roll, beating Gallatin was a big win, and Dyer County last week, which beat last years Central opponent, Henry County.  Sounds like they have two good young (sophomores) that also are brothers as running backs and apparently they are pounders. I would guess Summit will try to pound the rock, especially if the weather is bad since they may have a size advantage up front too.  Central needs to have a rerun of the West game, score early, play good defense and force three and outs...

Some of this is very accurate. We do need a fast start and play good defense. We’re well aware of the twins Summit has, they are great players. However, they may not be the only Twins who star in this game ;):thumb:. Go Bobcats 

11 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Summit actually does not have a size advantage upfront, (one of the only times all year for Central). They have a pretty slim looking offensive line and some taller/longer players on the D-line. This will not bode well for the Spartans as Central has dominated bigger and stouter O-lines all season. If I was an opposing coach i would attack Central through the air after watching their previous playoff games. Its been almost impossible to get anything going on that defense on the ground.

11 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

You hit the nail on the head Dawg, it’s DEFINITELY the coaching staff. As you know, our staff is second to none in the amount of work that’s put in on a daily basis. People on the outside and people who aren’t around the program wouldn’t understand. Me being there most days, I see the work first hand. It’s actually quite astonishing if you know what your watching. Our staff works tirelessly and when the kids understand that, they’ll literally try to run through a brick wall for guys like that. That’s what separates Central from other schools, it’s not just a team or a school. It’s a Family 

I'm praying it doesn't happen, but id be shocked if defensive coordinator coach Craney doesn't get a couple head coaching job offers this off season. He has done an outstanding job over the last few years, consistently having the best defense in Knoxville. Rosser does a great job running his program and hiring a great all around staff, (IMO one of the best staffs in the state), but that defense has been the reason for so much success during this 4 year run. Hopefully Rosser can continue to work his magic by keeping coach Craney in fountain city.

• Like 1