5A Championship: Summit vs Knox Central

Bump11

52 minutes ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

Summit actually does not have a size advantage upfront, (one of the only times all year for Central). They have a pretty slim looking offensive line and some taller/longer players on the D-line. This will not bode well for the Spartans as Central has dominated bigger and stouter O-lines all season. If I was an opposing coach i would attack Central through the air after watching their previous playoff games. Its been almost impossible to get anything going on that defense on the ground.

I thought the same thing after seeing their roster but beware, those smaller guys on the line are deceptively quick and very good.  They make plays.  

1 hour ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

Summit actually does not have a size advantage upfront, (one of the only times all year for Central). They have a pretty slim looking offensive line and some taller/longer players on the D-line. This will not bode well for the Spartans as Central has dominated bigger and stouter O-lines all season. If I was an opposing coach i would attack Central through the air after watching their previous playoff games. Its been almost impossible to get anything going on that defense on the ground.

If you’ve watched summit they’ve had the smaller O Line and D Line against everyone they’ve played . They’re extremely quick with their hands and feet coached very well on both sides of the line . They have out leveraged every opponent they’ve played size is nothing with out good leverage and quick hands and feet 

1 hour ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

I'm praying it doesn't happen, but id be shocked if defensive coordinator coach Craney doesn't get a couple head coaching job offers this off season. He has done an outstanding job over the last few years, consistently having the best defense in Knoxville. Rosser does a great job running his program and hiring a great all around staff, (IMO one of the best staffs in the state), but that defense has been the reason for so much success during this 4 year run. Hopefully Rosser can continue to work his magic by keeping coach Craney in fountain city.

Indeed Woodlawn, I’m sure he’ll get offers. I actually talked to him yesterday, he’s very excited about the opportunity this Friday night. He’s an outstanding coach and a better man. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartans1 said:

If you’ve watched summit they’ve had the smaller O Line and D Line against everyone they’ve played . They’re extremely quick with their hands and feet coached very well on both sides of the line . They have out leveraged every opponent they’ve played size is nothing with out good leverage and quick hands and feet 

Trust me, we know all about getting leverage. Our line has had to do it all year long as well, it’s not like the line we had last year in terms of size. But our guys have done a good. I’ve watched Summits line, very are quick. But I believe we have an X Factor that Summit won’t be ready for. At least I hope they aren’t :thumb:

15 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

That I’m not sure on Blazer, but probably not. If you want to call it a small dynasty, we’re just looking to compete for State titles every year. Thankfully we’ve been able to do that these last 3 years and now with another chance in year 4, we’re hoping to make the most of it. Like Coach Rosser says, enjoy this moment because you don’t know when you’ll be back, if you ever are. 

I was asking for selfish reasons.... with Central not in 5A it gives us a better shot at advancing.     Still a very slim-to-none chance, but you gotta take what you can get.

12 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I thought the same thing after seeing their roster but beware, those smaller guys on the line are deceptively quick and very good.  They make plays.  

We have been chopping down trees all year! GWAVE1 knows what he is talking about!....:Both teams are built the same way!! It should be an Epic Battle!!! Let’s just enjoy it! 

On 12/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, Spartans1 said:

Central has been the undersized team in the trenches in all but 1 or 2 games as well so I understand what you're saying. The defensive line utilizes their quickness and athleticism by slanting and moving gaps post snap most of the game. I think Summit is gonna have a lot of trouble trying to run the ball against this stingy Bobcats D. I would hate to be an offensive coordinator facing that defense right now. 

• Like 1