Trousdale Co. 2020 Team 112

BCB~MVP

5 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

I think everybody is off on their perspective. Winning a region championship is an accomplishment to be proud of. On the flip side, to say going to the semifinals is the equivalent of "winning nothing" is totally wrong as well. Personally, I would rather play in a game that gives you the opportunity to go to the state championship. Neither negates the value of the other to me. I just think it's a moot argument to compare the two.

But it’s fun to argue!

• Upvote 1

I thought Mr Forrest brought up a good point earlier in the thread. I’ve always thought it was weird how hartsville has around 8,000+- residents and almost 400 kids in the high school. Not saying anything is going on by any means just think it’s interesting considering Watertown, chapel hill, and Decatur  for example have populations of 1,500 or so. Even carthage has around 2,300 residents and they have a 3a school. I don’t know if harts is primarily senior citizens or what but them just having one school in the county you’d assume they’d have more then 400 kids between the ages of 14-18. Granted I realize with schools like smith county or Watertown kids go to the school while not living inside of the city limits but I would personally think with the size of the county more kids would be enrolled. Can anyone explain why it’s this way I could be dumb and skipping over something?

2 minutes ago, takeittothebank23 said:

I thought Mr Forrest brought up a good point earlier in the thread. I’ve always thought it was weird how hartsville has around 8,000+- residents and almost 400 kids in the high school. Not saying anything is going on by any means just think it’s interesting considering Watertown, chapel hill, and Decatur  for example have populations of 1,500 or so. Even carthage has around 2,300 residents and they have a 3a school. I don’t know if harts is primarily senior citizens or what but them just having one school in the county you’d assume they’d have more then 400 kids between the ages of 14-18. Granted I realize with schools like smith county or Watertown kids go to the school while not living inside of the city limits but I would personally think with the size of the county more kids would be enrolled. Can anyone explain why it’s this way I could be dumb and skipping over something?

Satterfield’s magic pen!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, takeittothebank23 said:

@GeneralForrest

4 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

what does that mean 

Drive  through Trousdale County and look at all the new houses that have been built in the last few years and yet TC’s student count is dropping???

Who occupies those homes and where are these kids the rest  going to school?

TC has “excellent” educational scores, so I’m sure those kids are not traveling out of county to attend school.

2 hours ago, takeittothebank23 said:

All the kids in those schools don’t live inside the city limits. Carthage high school pulls from the majority of Smith County as you stated. The numbers in TCHS are legit. 

Edited by 4thandGoal