Trousdale Co. 2020 Team 112

BCB~MVP

2 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

All the kids in those schools don’t live inside the city limits. Carthage high school pulls from the majority of Smith County as you stated. The numbers in TCHS are legit. 

I wasn’t saying they weren’t legit. Just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me how there’s so many people but only 400 kids. Was hoping one of you all would be able to explain

18 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Drive  through Trousdale County and look at all the new houses that have been built in the last few years and yet TC’s student count is dropping???

Who occupies those homes and where are these kids the rest  going to school?

TC has “excellent” educational scores, so I’m sure those kids are not traveling out of county to attend school.

Most of the apartments and houses that are being built are for the people that work at the prison in TC. Some of these new apartments you have to. Work at the prison to be a resident in the apartments or houses. Not all these new apartments and houses are for TC residents.

15 hours ago, takeittothebank23 said:

I wasn’t saying they weren’t legit. Just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me how there’s so many people but only 400 kids. Was hoping one of you all would be able to explain

I think the prisons are counted as residents too but I could be wrong. We have people that come here from everywhere live here for. Year and work at the prison and then they are transferred a different prison after a year.

9 hours ago, RTD said:

I think the prisons are counted as residents too but I could be wrong. We have people that come here from everywhere live here for. Year and work at the prison and then they are transferred a different prison after a year.

Yes, the inmate population is counted in Census of the county. 

Edited by lakecounty1968

39 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

even absent prison workers and prisoners TC has a population 4-5x that of Chapel hill ads well as most other 1A/2A towns. not to mention it begs the question of just whose kids are on the team

In Lake County not one kid moved here do to having a family member in prison. Their parents may work there and have for several years. Trousdale County will be the same way. Most prisoners families do not follow the person they have incarcerated. Lake County has two prisons and not one kid has moved do to the prison. Job or incarcerated. I speak from experience on this subject. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

thats fine. i was speaking to the populations. without prisoners/employees tiptonville is still at 2500. TC over 6k 

I answered your question but you may not be able to read or maybe you just have a problem with TC in general. This was very simple research. See below...

On 12/6/2019 at 4:04 PM, BCB~MVP said:

Pulling the Census info from 2010, TC had 7864 with 17.6% being 5-18 yrs old (1384). That equates to 106 per grade (K-12). I'm not sure how much we have grown but it hasnt been a huge growth. 

Assuming your 6K figure, 18% is just over 1K kids. That's less that 100 per grade. 

And those 30K salaries you refer to I'm sure does not include their housing, hence an incentive to draw ppl to the job. 

As for transfers to TC, I believe we had 3 this year, a set of brothers who moved from either Gallatin or Lebanon and a kid from Gordonsville. I don't know their reasons for moving but i don't think it had anything to do with the prison. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, GeneralForrest said:

pretty arrogant to start a 2020 thread when the 2019 season isnt even over.  

I also find it pretty hypocritical of you to blast myself of starting this thread, then you yourself start a Forrest 2020 thread on the Thursday before the 2A Finals on Saturday. Or maybe you realized that spending weeks on end crying over something that you can't control doesnt solve anything and you need to move on to next year? 

Wait nope, thats not it, your signature hasn't changed. Hey go ahead and update it to say you finished in 3rd in CoachTs final ranking as well. :mrgreen:

Edited by BCB~MVP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2