Trousdale Co. 2020 Team 112

BCB~MVP

1 hour ago, football6 said:

Juice is playing in the East and West all star game this week in he at Apsu right now

I saw that on FB today. That’s awesome. 

And to clarify the 4 coaches, some may be confused. When Barker was let go, I believe there was still 1 regular season game left plus the playoffs. Asst. Principal and former Assistant Coach Ben Johnson took over as interim. TC lost in the 1st Rd that year I believe. I know it was at Huntington. That would have been this Sr classes Freshman year. 

8 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

It's happen to only 2 classes. You have to go all the way back to the class of 1929 to find the first occurrence. In those days getting a coach to stay around for more than a couple of years was rare. The first HC, R.N. Chenault, stuck around for 10 seasons (1909-1918), then there were 8 different coaches from 1919-1933 including Bill White who coached 1 season but made it a good one in 1922 going 10-0 and allowing a grand total of 13 points all season. In 1934 C.V. Baker took over and coached for 8 seasons ('34-'41). From '42 thru '61 there was another 7 coaches before the Legend Jim B. took over in 1962. From '62 until today well that History is easy to find. TC s 548-144-2 in that span with 9 Titles and 4 Runner-Ups. 

I agree that this team and in particular Sr. class faced alot of adversity, both on and off the field. I wont go into personal stories but many close to the program know what some of these fine young men have overcome or dealt with. I hope that for any that want to pursue the game at the next level get the opportunity. I know that 1 in particular has at least 1 outstanding offer along with some others that are great as well. Best of luck to each of you. Once a Jacket, Always a Jacket!

Do you know where Bille White ended up coaching at? I know some of the stories of the off the field issues and problems some of the seniors have faced. Great post is very informative on the history of TC football. 

43 minutes ago, RTD said:

Do you know where Bille White ended up coaching at? I know some of the stories of the off the field issues and problems some of the seniors have faced. Great post is very informative on the history of TC football. 

No clue on the rest of Coach Whites career. Just know that team is legendary in these parts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTD said:

William Cannon White played football at the University of Tennessee in 1921. After a one year stint at TC in 1922 there appears to be no info on him from22-29. He became the head coach at Ramsay High School in Birmingham Alabam from 1930-1940.  White served in the military during WWII. After the war he continued his career as the HC at Howard University, an assistant at the University of Tennessee in 1945, HC at the University of Sewanne 1946-1953, and finished his coaching career as the HC in 1954 back at Howard University. 

Edited by 4thandGoal
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

William Cannon White played football at the University of Tennessee in 1921. After a one year stint at TC in 1922 there appears to be no info on him from22-29. He became the head coach at Ramsay High School in Birmingham Alabam from 1930-1940.  White served in the military during WWII. After the war he continued his career as the HC at Howard University, an assistant at the University of Tennessee in 1945, HC at the University of Sewanne 1946-1953, and finished his coaching career as the HC in 1954 back at Howard University. 

Great information I'm a history buff so I love this especially the history of TC football.

On 12/10/2019 at 6:35 PM, football6 said:

Juice is playing in the East and West all star game this week in he at Apsu right now

I watched the All-Star game and thought Juice represented TC well! I believe he ended up with 3 tackles and he applied pressure several times. He also pursued to the ball well. Hoping he improved his stock in practice and the game last week. From all accounts, he is a great kid. 

I also thought it was awesome the Coach Dobbs (Current Moore Co. HC/former TC assistant) was his position coach. 

If anyone goes back to watch it, he was #56 on the East team. The one with the cast on his hand. I didnt even know he had broken anything until i turned the game on. 

Edited by BCB~MVP

2 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

I watched the All-Star game and thought Juice represented TC well! I believe he ended up with 3 tackles and he applied pressure several times. He also pursued to the ball well. Hoping he improved his stock in practice and the game last week. From all accounts, he is a great kid. 

I also thought it was awesome the Coach Dobbs (Current Moore Co. HC/former TC assistant) was his position coach. 

If anyone goes back to watch it, he was #56 on the East team. The one with the cast on his hand. I didnt even know he had broken anything until i turned the game on. 

He is a great kid well young man now. I watch the game also he did well at DE with juice playing LB his whole high school career. I know Juice personally and he feels that playing DE will give him the best opportunity to play at the next level. He broke a bone in his hand practicing basketball. I love the effort and hustle he showed on special teams and also getting to the ball on defense. The future is bright for that young man.

2 minutes ago, RTD said:

He is a great kid well young man now. I watch the game also he did well at DE with juice playing LB his whole high school career. I know Juice personally and he feels that playing DE will give him the best opportunity to play at the next level. He broke a bone in his hand practicing basketball. I love the effort and hustle he showed on special teams and also getting to the ball on defense. The future is bright for that young man.

DE is his natural position ... you could tell that he hasn't filled it out yet ... overall  solid outting

4 hours ago, FromDaMudd said:

DE is his natural position ... you could tell that he hasn't filled it out yet ... overall  solid outting

Yes, I think he could carry another 15-20 pounds. I think he will out on a lot more muscle once he gets in a college weight room and with a nutritionist to put on good muscle weight. I thought he would have a hard time against the run and sitting the edge but he didn't seem to have any problem playing the run. I just hope this will help him get more offers from schools around here.