Greeneville 2020

DevilMan03

I saw them on TV the last 2 years and in Cookeville.  They were noticeably much less disciplined, downright sloppy at times, and they were not sticking with the scheme that served them previously nor using one that suited those animals they had on the line this season.  Those things fall on coaching.  Greeneville should never use the term "rebuild." They are heads and shoulders above everyone they play, save approximately 3 games per year, and have as much, if not more talent in every game.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BeachHound said:

I saw them on TV the last 2 years and in Cookeville.  They were noticeably much less disciplined, downright sloppy at times, and they were not sticking with the scheme that served them previously nor using one that suited those animals they had on the line this season.  Those things fall on coaching.  Greeneville should never use the term "rebuild." They are heads and shoulders above everyone they play, save approximately 3 games per year, and have as much, if not more talent in every game.

I will agree on the less disciplined and downright sloppy at Times.  This years team couldn't run the same 5 plays like the last 2 year and man handle people.  This years line only returned 1 starter off last years team (Everhart who is going to Marshall) so lining up and ramming it down your throat didn't work in the 3 losses they had. (Betsy and Powell).  Off last years line you lost Dye the center who transfered to SG and was Lineman of the year in that conference, One playing at ETSU another at UVA-Wise, and a 3 time defending State wrestling champ who is wrestling D1 in College. (Now those Guys were animals but Everhart was the only Animal on this years line)  Greeneville has had the same line Coach since 2007 and Coach Bentley does great job getting the most out of the kids but 4 new starters didn't help.

Did we utilize the athletes we had to the best of their ability?  I don't think so with everyone they had and believe AJ Stewart (Science Hill's starting QB last year) would have helped at QB in our loses because of his speed and athleticism.  This team didn't have 6'3 220lb, 6'4 220lb monsters on the outside were they could screen you to death.  One who is a true freshman and Hasise Dubois backup at UVA and the other a redshirted as a TE at Wake Forest.  I don't agree they are head and shoulder above everyone they played and leads me to believe you didn't see Powell or Betsy play this year if you believe that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

I will agree on the less disciplined and downright sloppy at Times.  This years team couldn't run the same 5 plays like the last 2 year and man handle people.  This years line only returned 1 starter off last years team (Everhart who is going to Marshall) so lining up and ramming it down your throat didn't work in the 3 losses they had. (Betsy and Powell).  Off last years line you lost Dye the center who transfered to SG and was Lineman of the year in that conference, One playing at ETSU another at UVA-Wise, and a 3 time defending State wrestling champ who is wrestling D1 in College. (Now those Guys were animals but Everhart was the only Animal on this years line)  Greeneville has had the same line Coach since 2007 and Coach Bentley does great job getting the most out of the kids but 4 new starters didn't help.

Did we utilize the athletes we had to the best of their ability?  I don't think so with everyone they had and believe AJ Stewart (Science Hill's starting QB last year) would have helped at QB in our loses because of his speed and athleticism.  This team didn't have 6'3 220lb, 6'4 220lb monsters on the outside were they could screen you to death.  One who is a true freshman and Hasise Dubois backup at UVA and the other a redshirted as a TE at Wake Forest.  I don't agree they are head and shoulder above everyone they played and leads me to believe you didn't see Powell or Betsy play this year if you believe that.

Hence the phrase, “...save approximately 3 games per year...”

12 minutes ago, BeachHound said:

Nope, I said it exactly as I meant it. Using the term save X has waned in popularity in the last 100 ish years, but is grammatically correct, haha!

So you’re that guy....got it.  Let’s start speaking in Old English too :roll:

I think I have a better pulse on Greene Devils football than you ever will and other than being less disciplined and sloppy like I agreed with the rest of your comment was not close.  This years team and the last 2 year teams completely different Animal in a lot of different ways especially on the O and D Line were games are won

im certainly no english teacher but i think what he may  have meant to say was " Save FOR approx 3 games per year"....ive used "Save" many times in replacement of the word "except"...which if he had said it that way...." except for approx 3 games per year " might have made more sense to anyone who might have not quite understood what he meant....ALL THAT SAID......i would like to wish every fanbase on coacht a very merry christmas, save for approx. 3 fanbases and i hope those 3 get coal in their stockings this year..:mrgreen:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

So you’re that guy....got it.  Let’s start speaking in Old English too :roll:

I think I have a better pulse on Greene Devils football than you ever will and other than being less disciplined and sloppy like I agreed with the rest of your comment was not close.  This years team and the last 2 year teams completely different Animal in a lot of different ways especially on the O and D Line were games are won

I don’t see any point where we disagree???  Even with the losses, their line was still better than everyone else that they played in the region besides Elizabethton, Powell was arguably as good and I didn’t see Elizabethton to be able to say. They were much better than AC physically.  I know 1-2 things about OL play, as well, I was a D1 center. Last year was absolutely a different animal, all 5 were dominant.