Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

5 hours ago, ORDT said:

That is all accurate. He was offered a scholarship to Union during his official visit but the location, size just wasn't what he wanted. He had about a dozen schools at the NAIA, D2 and D3 level that were after him; made visits, got offers etc. I was told his goal was to play at the D1 level and if he didn't get what he wanted he was going to consider his options after national signing day/Spring. He may do a walk-on type at a D1 school but that's TBD. He dad is a Marine so I'm betting he'll end up in the Marine Corps at some point.

He played hard ball at OR and so lets wish him the best. The boy is fast, big and made some amazing plays these past 4 years. Hats off to his competitive instincts and Wildcat pride.

Except for the "fast" comment, I agree with your last two sentences 100%! He wasn't "slow" but I don't consider him fast.  He is one of my favorite Wildcats in years!

Just exchanged tweets with OR QB # 1 Mitchell Gibbons. He says the team is working really hard lifting weights.

HOWEVER, what got me excited was he said the team was bonding and the team's energy is like when they were Freshmen. We all know what happened their freshmen season...UNDEFEATED BABY!

I am not sure if this ever got put on CoachT but Mitchell in his first year as the starter broke into the Top Ten in 8 all time Oak Ridge Football statistical categories. 

Spring ball starts in early May. Spring scrimmage is against the Vols and Vegas has Oak Ridge a 25 point favorite.

LETS GO!

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 2:32 PM, bonkers said:

I'll say it again, he was a great high school LB but too small and too slow to be a college LB. I wish OR had him every year and I love the way he played though.

He is for sure not too slow.He ran a faster 40 than some WRs at the NFL combine did.He is as fast or faster than most D1 LBs.It had to be the size and I would take him every yr too

• 4 weeks later...

Just a small taste of Wildcat news from Twitter...

1. Cole Adams blew up Twitter the last two days with small videos of him doing various weight lifts. Dude be tossing serious iron. Also, Cole will be attending several Prospect Camps at small colleges and universities. Proud of you Cole.

2. QB 1 Mitchell Gibbons continues to work toward a special 2020 season and is also planning on attending Prospect Camps at small colleges.

3. Jaxson Adams is establishing a bigger footprint on Twitter and appears to be aiming for a breakout 2020 season. I think he has all the physical ability and football IQ to do it.

4. Rowe is certainly getting ready to be a big player for Oak Ridge. I have no idea but it would seem he will replace Ramano.

5. I also look for Jonathan Stewart to be WR #1 this season. He played huge for the basketball Wildcats in helping them to State. Who will ever forget his 4 point play at the buzzer to kill Clinton at their place or his 7 3-point Night?

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!

I NEED INFORMATION....PLEASE!

Just ran across a Tweet by a kid named Peyton Sharpe. He was wearing an # 11 OR jersey. His profile included a link to his Hudl Freshman HIghlight tape. It appears he played at Clinton last season and is a dual threat QB. Impresses tape and size at 6' 2"  173. Should be a great backup to Mitchell Gibbons.

Who has the facts on Peyton? Is what I've written accurate?

Thanks people. RWR!

Peyton Sharpe transferred in January 2020 to finish his freshman year of high school in Oak Ridge.   He transferred from Richland High School in Lynnville, Tennessee.  His father is a pastor in Oak Ridge and moved here for his work.

You are welcome, Willie!  lol   RWR!

Edited by CardinalGrey