Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

12 hours ago, Djohnson said:

Got to be scary for kids if season gets canceled. 

I agree 100%. It is a scary thought for the players.

However, I  follow many Oak Ridge athletes on Twitter and there seems to be a Wildcat Wave building. These players are posting short videos or memes of them working out as individuals or with each other. Their message is POSITIVE and in true Wildcat spirit. They believe a special season is ahead of them if they grind hard enough for it.

On a serious but also humorous note. Along with the Roll Wildcats Roll spirit of the tweets are reminders to practice SAFE SOCIAL DISTANCE while working out together. It appears the players are showing a mature adult like respect for themselves and their teammates' health. I wish everybody would behave like the Oak Ridge athletes.

REMINDER...while very doubtful, the OR boys basketball team has unfinished business in the Boro. Keep praying they get to play.

Yes, it is scary times but Oak Ridge is not panicking but preparing.

• Like 1

I don’t see high school sports playing in 2020. If what they say is going to happen and It comes back in the fall.  Not until they get a vaccine, and that should be in 2021. But keep training and hopefully college has small camps to evaluate players and 2019 highlight film. Hate it for the athletes.

Edited by Djohnson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Djohnson said:

I don’t see high school sports playing in 2020. If what they say is going to happen and It comes back in the fall.  Not until they get a vaccine, and that should be in 2021. But keep training and hopefully college has small camps to evaluate players and 2019 highlight film. Hate it for the athletes.

You are probably right about the 2020 season if what the experts are saying comes true. 

I have after many years of posting on CoachT have developed a reputation as an annoying Oak Ridge Wildcats Cardinal glasses wearing Fanboy. Proud of it, too :geek:  :lol:  I am suppose to remain pumped up for OR so I encourage all the players to grind, grind, grind.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the CoachT boards. We always can use new voices on Oak Ridge sports.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

1.  Kendall Jackson...has been offered by Tulane. I wonder how his body is going to look when he is a Senior? Could he grow into an SEC football player? Or a Clemson player like Tee? I am just happy he is a Wildcat.

2.  Cole Adams just put up his Junior season highlight tape on Hudl. Cole is strong, has fast closing speed and brings the wood at contact.

3. Jaxson Adams ( man, I sure hope I got his name right ), has been invited to play in a Jan. 2021 All Star game in Hawaii.

On 4/4/2020 at 8:42 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

1.  Kendall Jackson...has been offered by Tulane. I wonder how his body is going to look when he is a Senior? Could he grow into an SEC football player? Or a Clemson player like Tee? I am just happy he is a Wildcat.

2.  Cole Adams just put up his Junior season highlight tape on Hudl. Cole is strong, has fast closing speed and brings the wood at contact.

3. Jaxson Adams ( man, I sure hope I got his name right ), has been invited to play in a Jan. 2021 All Star game in Hawaii.

Add Trey Rowe to the list of Wildcats invited to the Hawaii Tiki Bowl.

From Twitter...there is a ranking of top 2023 high school QBs put out by QBHL and Tennessee had 14 QBs on the list. That ranked Tennessee at # 7 in the number of QBs by state.

New Wildcat Peyton Sharp made the list!!!. We appear to have two quality QBs on the team. I guess the best thing would be use Gibbons as # 1 this season with Sharp getting quality time. Then Sharp would start his junior and senior seasons. Bottom line is I will cheer for both, RWR!

On 4/5/2020 at 11:19 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

From Twitter...there is a ranking of top 2023 high school QBs put out by QBHL and Tennessee had 14 QBs on the list. That ranked Tennessee at # 7 in the number of QBs by state.

New Wildcat Peyton Sharp made the list!!!. We appear to have two quality QBs on the team. I guess the best thing would be use Gibbons as # 1 this season with Sharp getting quality time. Then Sharp would start his junior and senior seasons. Bottom line is I will cheer for both, RWR!

QB is for sure looking up.I know the new kid played at a small school but to play QB as a freshman anywhere is pretty good.He has the size so adapting to playing with bigger and faster players shouldn't be too hard for him.I ran into K.Jackson last week and he looks like he would be a FR in college.By the way his dad is a big guy so he should keep getting bigger.He improved so much last yr from game 1 until the playoffs.KJ has the size and will really be a big time d1 player if he can put all the little things together you need to be a great RB.I pray football season is played because should be a great yr for cats.We just need couple of younger guys to step up at CB,DE and ILB.I would love to see a good transfer or somebody that didn't play last yr  join the team and it would be a really great yr