Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

2 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Going both ways is difficult but I believe the players are up to the challenge.

Do we have a QB challenge going on this year or is Mitchell Gibbons safe a # 1? The Peyton Sharpe sophomore looks good on his freshmen highlight tape. Maybe he can play another position this year with some time at QB and then start his junior and senior years at QB.

GRINDING and RWR!

Hold your horses Willie!!!!!  Tarwater may have something to say about you just giving the starting job to Sharp! I'll take your word for Sharp and I have a good feeling about Tarwater. That could be quite a battle!

20 hours ago, bonkers said:

Hold your horses Willie!!!!!  Tarwater may have something to say about you just giving the starting job to Sharp! I'll take your word for Sharp and I have a good feeling about Tarwater. That could be quite a battle!

Amen. I've been waiting to see if anyone would recognize this. Sharpe looks good on film and appears to be solid personality (leader) and if he becomes the QB later - great. I think Tarwarter will be a major contributor somewhere in the years to come. Good looking athlete.

Gibbons is the man this year.

Edited by OR nole
addition
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OR nole said:

Amen. I've been waiting to see if anyone would recognize this. Sharpe looks good on film and appears to be solid personality (leader) and if he becomes the QB later - great. I think Tarwarter will be a major contributor somewhere in the years to come. Good looking athlete.

Gibbons is the man this year.

I appreciate the info Nole. Please keep the news coming.

5 hours ago, bonkers said:

Great interview with Gaddis in Five Star Preps.  He was probably more honest than most coaches would be and that's refreshing. It's a very interesting and enlightening article.

I read that. I thought it was interesting how he brought up the “recruiting” aspect going on in HS football today.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I read that. I thought it was interesting how he brought up the “recruiting” aspect going on in HS football today.

Bonkers, it has to be my favorite article on Coach Gaddis EVER!

Sweet, i was surprised about the recruiting comment too. I wondered who he was talking about. My guess is Powell since the TSSAA has already found them guilty. At least that is my understanding.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Sweet, i was surprised about the recruiting comment too. I wondered who he was talking about. My guess is Powell since the TSSAA has already found them guilty. At least that is my understanding.

Your understanding is incorrect, Willie.  Powel wasn't found guilty of recruiting.  The issue two years ago was a student who had transferred in and wasn't eligible because he was out of zone.  There was not a recruiting accusation made to the TSSAA.  

The TSSAA found nothing to substantiate the charges of last year.  

So, no.  Powell hasn't been found "guilty" of recruiting.  

It's best not to get to giddy in these situations, by the way.  As the old saying goes, look at what happens when you point a finger at somebody else. There are three pointing right back at you  Mt. Juliet can attest to that about now.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

Your understanding is incorrect, Willie.  Powel wasn't found guilty of recruiting.  The issue two years ago was a student who had transferred in and wasn't eligible because he was out of zone.  There was not a recruiting accusation made to the TSSAA.  

It's best not to get to giddy in these situations, by the way.  As the old saying goes, look at what happens when you point a finger at somebody else. There are three pointing right back at you  Mt. Juliet can attest to that about now.  

And Here.We.Go. :popcorneater::roflol:

27 minutes ago, HTV said:

I interpreted his recruiting comments as a way that the game has changed, as the question asked. And it's true. He didn't point a finger at anyone, he just said it was part of today's game, and I think he's right. I was much more interested in what he had to say about his thoughts behind the state championship drought at OR, his top coaching moments, and the top players he;s coached or coached against.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

And Here.We.Go. :popcorneater::roflol:

I'm not going to bring it up again.

Not because I am worried Oak Ridge is dirty.

I'm just going to let it go because I feel HTV was truthful in what he said. I have never had any beef ( that I can recall ) with him.

People probably haven't noticed but I've been a bad Message Board Boy lately. I was involved in a disagreement that caused a CoachT page to be locked up. On Facebook, I am suspended from an Oak Ridge page for a week.

41 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I'm not going to bring it up again.

Not because I am worried Oak Ridge is dirty.

I'm just going to let it go because I feel HTV was truthful in what he said. I have never had any beef ( that I can recall ) with him.

People probably haven't noticed but I've been a bad Message Board Boy lately. I was involved in a disagreement that caused a CoachT page to be locked up. On Facebook, I am suspended from an Oak Ridge page for a week.

I never had any beef with him either until I called out the “Almighty” Powell Panthers for recruiting on here and then he went off. Keep in mind this is the same Powell he has “no association with anymore” lol. The OLD saying goes Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. There has been smoke at Powell not 1, but 2 years in a row now. Draw your conclusion there yourself. As for OR, they have all the tools to compete this year to go to State IMO.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2